Total beginner, birds in the park

raynesylvan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first time posting on a forum like this, so here goes:

Today I went to the park with my girlfriend and a box of stale bread to try and take some pictures of the ducks. I ended up getting more shots of another bird, though I'm not sure what it is.

Anyway, this is the first time I've set out to take serious photos, so any sort of constructive criticism is welcome. The pictures are totally unprocessed, though a couple have been cropped.

I'm especially interested in the last three, because I like all of them, and I want to know what you guys think is better and why.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• $IMG_0272.jpg
    $IMG_0272.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • $IMG_0273-E.jpg
    $IMG_0273-E.jpg
    733.7 KB · Views: 96
  • $UsXWk.jpg
    $UsXWk.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 71
  • $1iaXT.jpg
    $1iaXT.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 85
  • $swzX1.jpg
    $swzX1.jpg
    679.3 KB · Views: 77
  • $tDWF7.jpg
    $tDWF7.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 81
  • $DuckNavy.jpg
    $DuckNavy.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
You will have a carrier as a birds photographer. Apparently you are invisible to them. Very nice close ups, especially #4, impressive.

As a photographer #4 is good achievement; a rare stuff....
Your favorite images are OK; but try to include the whole of the bird within the frame and also leave some space in front of it- that is in the direction which it looks/faces-as you have done in #3. Selective cropping as in #2 is also good. In the first one , if you had zoomed in, there would have been better effect (Please limit your photos to 2 or 3 or 4 ...and also number them

Regards :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back