totally lame question, but I must ask...

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My new DSLR came with a basic camera bag. Big enough to fit the Camera with an attatched lense, one more lense and plenty of room for cables and a few filters. Nice right, cool. Anyway, it has a shoulder strap which I toss over my shoulder and under the opposite arm, BUT....there is this other strap that is very short and not adjustable that clips on to two clips on the 'back' of the bag at the bottom corners. ( 90 degrees to the shoulder strap ) anybody got an idea what the heck it's for? It's padded in the center with the soft half of velcro on one side of the padding.

I know, stupid question but....I'm baffled :confused:

I cant really picture it in my head.. but is it possible it could go around your belt to keep the bag from flying around everywhere?

I cant really picture it in my head.. but is it possible it could go around your belt to keep the bag from flying around everywhere?

I thought that, but I was thinking around the inside of my thigh though where it ends up while on my shoulder....still seems weird though...

here is a quick shot of the bag. The view is from behind the bag as it sits flat on the ground......the thin black thing is a power cord for my laptop, nothing to do with the bag

Picture.jpg

I wonder if that is designed so you can put the larger strap over your head, like a camera strap, then put that around your waist so that the bag "sits" in front of you has you walk, giving you easy access to everything.

Imagine those front-loading baby carriers, only for your camera. ;)

I'd say it goes around the inside of your thigh. Army gas mask cases wrap around like that. It's awkward feeling, and you'll look like a bit of a douche bag, but it just means you can run without feeling like a Gypsy.

Smcaskil, it's at the bottom though! All of your stuff would just dump out while your bag was strapped to your head...

I'd say it goes around the inside of your thigh. Army gas mask cases wrap around like that. It's awkward feeling, and you'll look like a bit of a douche bag, but it just means you can run without feeling like a Gypsy.

Smcaskil, it's at the bottom though! All of your stuff would just dump out while your bag was strapped to your head...
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Does the main long shoulder strap come off? If it does then the shorter one could be used just for carrying it in your hand, then them lower loops could be something to do with tripod carrying.

I don't know but its just a thought I had when I looked at it.

Waist strap... I had an oldish shoulder bag with something similar. Swing towards your lower back, strap it in... makes for a quick run from the office to catch a train in NYC a whole lot easier than having the bag swinging around.. banging into people and things... throwing you off balance.

Well, I tried it on with the strap over my shoulder ( diagonal across my chest ), then put the little strap around my thigh.....It all seems to fit, but makes it very awkward to open and fiddle with anything in the bag. Oh well, thanks for all the suggestions......

The bag was manufactured in Asia where they had 70,000 straps leftover from another job, and someone said, hey make that a waist strap, then we can charge more! Then some kid in a seat-shop sewed the first one on the bottom rather than the top, and the rest is history.

It looks like it was meant to be a handle for carrying in one hand like a suitcase, but its just in the wrong place.

Imagine those front-loading baby carriers, only for your camera. ;)
This guy started to hit it. It's not for strapping to your leg. Turn the case around because the extra strap is to strap you baby in so you have 2 hands for photo taking. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back