Tough Edit

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of the toughest edit jobs I've had to do.

This is my friend's baby, who was stillborn at 38 weeks. I didn't take these images, but my friend asked me to work with them. They were taken with a point and shoot camera, but luckily they are big enough they can get them printed. I didn't have a lot to work with, but here's what I've come up with so far.

63062606.jpg

63062652.jpg

Oh my.

That is one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

I think the second one actually looks pretty good. The first one... the dark background is unfortunate. Good job... you can only do so much and rather than making it look photoshoped you left it with some of the softness. That’s a tough line to find.

Wow. That would be a tough job. I think you've done great here. I'm sure you didn't have a lot to work with since it was a point and shoot. I especially like the first. It brings up a lot of emotion and it looks very angelic.

Thanks everyone.

karissa said:
I think the second one actually looks pretty good. The first one... the dark background is unfortunate. Good job... you can only do so much and rather than making it look photoshoped you left it with some of the softness. That’s a tough line to find.

Yeah, it was a tough choice. I actually darkened the background, there was a hospital bed with all its raising/lowering/rails/pumps/monitors on it. And it was growing out of his head, it had to go. Not crazy about the dark, but blowing it out white, like the second one, didn't work as well as the dark unfortunately.

ShutteredEye said:
Thanks everyone.

Yeah, it was a tough choice. I actually darkened the background, there was a hospital bed with all its raising/lowering/rails/pumps/monitors on it. And it was growing out of his head, it had to go. Not crazy about the dark, but blowing it out white, like the second one, didn't work as well as the dark unfortunately.
In that case.. dark is good.. dark is good...

I think I would have cried while trying to edit those...

Well this is about the saddest and most emotional picture I've seen in a long while. You've done a nice job on the edit though. I'm gonna go home now and give my daughter a few extra hugs and kisses.

God Bless.

I think you did a beautiful job. I know your friend and his family will treasure these. :hug::

So sad... :(
You did a good job definitely.

There is so much emotion in the first photo, raw emotion that no one wants to experience but in time, be cherished. I think you are doing a wonderful job.

Everything has been said. The only thing that I would suggest trying the 2nd picture in Sepia. The first picture just crushed me, I couldn't imagine. That picture says so very much. That poor family. May angels be with them and help them through this terrible time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back