Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach

shaunly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some shots I took over the weekend. Great opportunity to practice panning, but It wasn't easy chasing these cars. All shots were handheld. CC are always welcome :mrgreen:

01. The view from my seat
3461451351_d455fe9854_b.jpg

02. My favorite drink!
3462264462_5389d33bf9_b.jpg

3461450567_1f51aa68a7_b.jpg

3461449943_66ce806bf6_b.jpg

3462263916_759c47a90e_b.jpg

3462267002_54dfd81cbf_b.jpg

nothing?? My first time panning, I know there's room for improvement.

Nice job on #2, I think the others would be great if they had the whole car in the frame.

And Dr. Pepper is my fav too (although I've switched to diet in my old age).

Nice job

You might try the opposite effect too. Little or no camera movement to let the cars appear blurred and everything else stationary.

I like using a mono pod for a lot of situations like these.

just me.

dan

As far a the panning goes, these are great for your first attempt. I know firsthand that at some of these tracks, like street courses, it is impossible to get nice, full car shots unless you are a member of the press corp.

Considering you were in the stands...great job.

Now you need to get yourself to a more wide open track where you have a better chance of working on your composition as well...I believe Laguna Seca would be worth the trip for you.

#2 is by far the strongest, you'll be awesome at panning in no time if this was your first try, because these are already great pans and they can't get much better

thanks everybody. I was pretty happy with how these shots came out and quite surprise to be honest.

As far a the panning goes, these are great for your first attempt. I know firsthand that at some of these tracks, like street courses, it is impossible to get nice, full car shots unless you are a member of the press corp.

Considering you were in the stands...great job.

Now you need to get yourself to a more wide open track where you have a better chance of working on your composition as well...I believe Laguna Seca would be worth the trip for you.

Tell me about it, the track is tiny and the cars are so low you can barely see them over the dividers. I had to sit all the way on top to get those shots. They had a really nice area setup for photographer but of course you had to pay extra to get in :er:.

Most reactions

Back