TPF ad

Was is one of those 'As by Google'?

I'm not sure how much control over those we have.

I'm pretty sure that whilst you can't define the specific ads that you get through google ads you can specify a general standard for the ads and you can have ads removed. I'm sure this must be the case as many forums operate a strictly family friendly policy (which I am pretty sure the link is not towards if its what I think it is) and yet still have google ads

Here's how that company works- Say they have a $1000 camera and the bidding closes at $100. The last bidder does get the camera for $100. How do they make money? They charge you for every bid. So, although they sell the camera for $900 under list, the make $2000 in bids.

It's weird, and it's unlikely you'll win, but it's legit.

I, personally, would avoid them.

Like how ever link of the sponsored links on yahoo go to scam photography stores out of NYC when you search for stuff like "camera retailer" or "buy camera". Yahoo doesn't even care.

Swoopo is 100% legit

As stated ^

they charge £1 per bid, so if 100 people bid, They make £100 + sale price.
However.
Everytime someone Bids (in the last 20 seconds at least.) the auction jumps back 20 seconds e.g. 5 sec left to win and someone bids, It jumps to 20 secs to end and keeps going..
there is likely hundreds of people on the listing at anyone time so they will keep jumping back.

The winner could have bid 50 times, That is £50 ontop of the end sale price.

There is nothing Illegal about this, and it isn't hidden charges so why ban it?

I use Ad-block - Great plugin
I also use NoScript, Also good.
Also Skip screen is good :)

And I have Tinyeye image search (the one that finds if your image is being used anywhere else on the internet - from sites on it's database which is growing!!)

It's not TPF. I've seen those ads on at least 10 different photography sites.

Most reactions

Back