TPF does DC rumor thread...

hobbes28 said:
Dulles is a great airport to fly into and is pretty close to downtown. (IAD)
What about Baltimore, MD (BWI)?
I ask because the tickets that I've looked up are almost $300 cheaper per ticket to BWI than to IAD...that's out of Ontario Traci. Where would you be leaving from Traci? Ontario is the closest to me...only about a two hour drive.

Yep, I'm watching this one ;)

Thanks Jeff.

Ya, I thought it was about 40 miles but I wasn't sure.

But what's that in cab fare back there? Two round trip tickets to BWI were less than a single ticket to IAD. So even if cab fare was up a bit, it would still be considerably cheaper...I think.

hobbes28 said:
Dulles is a great airport to fly into and is pretty close to downtown. (IAD)
i think Dulles is west of dc, it's Reagan that in town and it is open, DCA iare the ID letters

Reagan (DCA) is the closest but usually the most expensive. Dulles (IAD)is about 30 to 40 mins away and is usually the cheapest although Baltimore (BWI) sometimes has some good deals. Just like Aubrey said, all the airports are nice (Reagan was newly renovated) - so just find the best deal!

woodsac said:
Thanks Jeff.

But what's that in cab fare back there? Two round trip tickets to BWI were less than a single ticket to IAD. So even if cab fare was up a bit, it would still be considerably cheaper...I think.

Check with Amtrak I think they have a commuter line or maybe one of the van services, you can book the services thru Orbitz so you get the price that way

woodsac said:
What about Baltimore, MD (BWI)?
I ask because the tickets that I've looked up are almost $300 cheaper per ticket to BWI than to IAD...that's out of Ontario Traci. Where would you be leaving from Traci? Ontario is the closest to me...only about a two hour drive.

Yep, I'm watching this one ;)

I usually like to leave from Long Beach, it's 5 minutes from where I live. But, Ontario, John Wayne or LAX is ok too. Whatever is cheepest.;)

woodsac said:
Thanks Jeff.

Try Super Shuttle. I took that when I into few to JKF in New York and it was along ways from the hostel that I stayed in. It was $34 round trip through Orbitz. A whole lot cheaper then a Taxi.

Jeff Canes said:
i think Dulles is west of dc, it's Reagan that in town and it is open, DCA iare the ID letters
Reagan is closet, across the bridge, over the river( sounds like a rhym I know) and just below Arlington Nat'l Cemetery..easy. I have used them both, Dulles and Reagan.. Reagen is easy to get into "town". DC in April...Cherry Blossom Festival is Mar. 25 thru April 9....getting a room...selling your soul to the devil himself will not help! Can be tough, BUT, AWESOME to do, nothing like it! A walking city, something to shoot constantly.
Fprgpt the link to the schedule for Cherry Blossom Festival
http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/events/eng/event_search.php3?event_category=A

dirtnapper said:
Reagan is closet, across the bridge, over the river( sounds like a rhym I know) and just below Arlington Nat'l Cemetery..easy. I have used them both, Dulles and Reagan.. Reagen is easy to get into "town". DC in April...Cherry Blossom Festival is Mar. 25 thru April 9....getting a room...selling your soul to the devil himself will not help! Can be tough, BUT, AWESOME to do, nothing like it! A walking city, something to shoot constantly.
Thanks for the info!!! That could be invaluable for anyone planning on attending. Gotta have a close place to stay ;)

And I'm all for cheapest. I've been to some nasty airports...no big deal if I'm saving $$$ :mrgreen:

woodsac said:
Thanks for the info!!! That could be invaluable for anyone planning on attending. Gotta have a close place to stay ;)

And I'm all for cheapest. I've been to some nasty airports...no big deal if I'm saving $$$ :mrgreen:

I like to stay up in Georgetown...a short distance from the Federal Triangle...lots to do there...also, where the nightlife is. L'enfant plaza etc. are apt to be full for the "Cherries". Even staying out in Alexandria, a beatiful spot and great at night also...is easy to get back into town on the tube.

Wow, I love the interest in this trip!

I'll probably end up putting a message at the top of the site near the Google ad to really promote this trip. I'm basically certain those dates will work for me, so I'm about ready to call those dates "official".

I'm also thinking about seeing what kinds of group rates we may be able to get at local hotels.

Also, there is a private white house tour that is available for groups of 10 or more, so I will be looking into that as well. It may be a bit of a long shot, but I'll give it a go!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back