KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
TPF is organized into 12 forum categories, having a total of 53 forum sections.

TPF forum categories - Each bolded category heading is a clickable link.

ThePhotoForum.com - 3 sub-forum sections
TPFPhoto Contests - 3 sub-forum sections
Foundationsof Photography - 4 sub-forum sections
CameraForum - 6 sub-forum sections
TheBusiness District - 3 sub-forum sections
FilmPhotography - 4 sub-forum sections
DigitalPhotography - 3 sub-forum sections
PhotoGalleries - 9 sub-forum sections
SupportingVendors - 11 sub-forum sections
TheMarketplace - 2 sub-forum sections
CafeTPF - 3 sub-forum sections
ForumFeedback and Testing - 2 sub-forum sections

It seems some never venture past the Beginners forum section, and are unaware there is much more to TPF.

It seems some never venture past the Beginners forum section, and are unaware there is much more to TPF.

Thankfully there is the "NEW POSTS" link near the top which makes it easy for me to see new stuff, or truthfully, I probably wouldn't go in a lot of those sections because it would take forever.

So, if we had to vote best feature - "NEW POSTS" would get my vote....

I have attempted to be a little more active in the other sections. At the very least just so I don't get virtually ear-beaten by KmH for not doing so. :p

But I'm still a beginner and this is the beginner's section. It is the most active area apparently as well. Are there a list of subjects that are not appropriate for the beginner's section? Like C&C...is that a legitimate request from a beginner in a beginner's section? A non-beginner most likely won't need to ask for C&C. If you still need to ask for C&C, then you haven't graduated from beginner and should probably stay in the Beginner's section so that the other sections are not undulated with beginner snapshots.

The ones that have graduated should start participating and posting photos in the other sections while still frequenting the beginner's section to assist new beginner's. If we were to adhere to that, perhaps we would have less sarcastic/mean/spiteful comments in the beginner's section. That stuff would be more suited for people that THINK they are no longer beginner's and post obvious beginner snapshots. THOSE people deserve harsh criticism. Not a beginner who comes here for assistance in their photography growth.

Or we can all sit here holding hands and crying each other a river.

Cool story bro.

We are writing the specific description of the beginners section - until such time as we complete and add that change we will only be moving out threads which are clearly not in the nature of beginner questions suitable for this section or any threads which are general photo sharing as opposed to seeking specific input.

At present its stands that the changes to beginners will result in only photo threads pertaining to technical questions of an entry level nature will be allowed. Thereafter all your C&C generalist threads will belong in the sites galleries. The galleries being open to photographers of all skill levels from beginner through to advanced.

We will also add a notice that beginner business based questions are also not suitable for the beginners section.

I always say , let the creme rise to the top.

No it's Ok Keith, keep the beginners forum just as it is!! Thank you very much for the suggestion though! :thumbup:

Last edited:
No it's Ok Keith, keep the beginners forum just as it is!! Thank you very much for the suggestion though! :thumbup:

My old Mammy used to say, "If'n t'ain't broke, don't fix it!"
I never suggested anything was wrong with the Beginners forum.

However, note Overread's comments.

My old Mammy used to say, "If'n t'ain't broke, don't fix it!"
I never suggested anything was wrong with the Beginners forum.

Haha, I think you misread my comments Keith, . I think this forum is a bit of a circus most of the time, but that's just my opinion. That's what I meant by leaving it as it is, leave most of the circus here.

Duly noted, however I can't help thinking we're making things much more difficult. Keeping ALL beginner issues in one spot makes things easier, IMO, for both the person posting and the one answering.

Most reactions

Back