TPF Photo Challenge -August '13 - "Selective Color"

It's the weekend!! Get your photography on!!
Powerful video w/ some selective color in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just one photo or can we send more than one?

That was fun to do, I'm not going to win anything but it was a fun learning experience. I used my Adobe Lightroom more for that one photo than I have since I've owned it (since November 2012). I've always hesitated shooting in RAW but I did for that. I never really knew "post processing" or anything like that. I used a simple Microsoft viewer. I also found out my computer is woefully inadequate for post processing .. but that's not going to change anytime soon.

Included my 5c worth :)

Attachments

• $IMG_0425.jpg
    $IMG_0425.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 161
I would very much like to participate in these challenges, but unfortunately so long as the requirement that my image "must bear no markings or indications of who the image belongs to" including EXIF information, I'll just have to sit them out.

IMO, this is an unreasonable requirement. In the world we live in, a watermark on the image is the BEAR MINIMUM for protecting it online. Photo Stealers

:(

Maybe you can leave a watermark but it don't have to be one that indicates who it belongs to...

I would very much like to participate in these challenges, but unfortunately so long as the requirement that my image "must bear no markings or indications of who the image belongs to" including EXIF information, I'll just have to sit them out.

IMO, this is an unreasonable requirement. In the world we live in, a watermark on the image is the BEAR MINIMUM for protecting it online. Photo Stealers

:(

The link wasn't really all that necessary to convince us that people steal photos online. Most of us here are QUITE well aware of it. And it's certainly your right to decide not to participate in a GAME that requires the photo to have no identifying mark.

How ELSE do you propose we hold a photo contest where an *important* element is the anonymity? As it's currently set up, it ensures that people don't just vote for their favorite TPF personality, but rather for their favorite photo.

Besides, in case you haven't heard--watermarks and even EXIF data do little to keep people from stealing your photos. There is only ONE way to ensure your photos aren't stolen online; don't PUT them online.

Sorry, have to do the watermark/exif rule to keep it fair and impartial.

We understand if you feel you cannot participate.

The link wasn't really all that necessary to convince us that people steal photos online. Most of us here are QUITE well aware of it. And it's certainly your right to decide not to participate in a GAME that requires the photo to have no identifying mark.

How ELSE do you propose we hold a photo contest where an *important* element is the anonymity? As it's currently set up, it ensures that people don't just vote for their favorite TPF personality, but rather for their favorite photo.

Besides, in case you haven't heard--watermarks and even EXIF data do little to keep people from stealing your photos. There is only ONE way to ensure your photos aren't stolen online; don't PUT them online.

Now, tell us how you REALLY think, Sharon. LOL

Hi, I am new on this site...and I'll introduce myself properly on the introduction forum one day... :wink:
I like using selective colors sometimes, to draw attention to the subject what made me to take the picture in the first place.

$IMG_4380 etsy.jpg
Christmas lights in Alicante/Spain

Last edited:
I'd just like to point out that the second you post a picture HERE you can't use it in the contest anymore. :-(

Be sure to submit them, though! Then we'll post 'em ALL and you can see them!

Most reactions

Back