TPF Photo Challenge -August '13 - "Selective Color"

I'd just like to point out that the second you post a picture HERE you can't use it in the contest anymore. :-(

Be sure to submit them, though! Then we'll post 'em ALL and you can see them!

Yay...thanks, but too late!! :blushing: I just read the contest rules again ..anyway, I still have a few more pictures which I still can enter.
Actually, I'll might make a new image for the contest with selective colors.

Let's see it!!! Get inspired and get out there and shoot!! =) The weekend is almost here!

There was a point made a few posts back about watermarking - I can see where that wouldn't keep entries anonymous but would there maybe be a way to do some sort of generic TPF watermark for viewing and voting? then allow the photo that's selected as the winner be posted with the board member's own watermark if they'd like. Posting a photo without at least trying to prevent it from being stolen would feel to me like throwing my work away.

There was a point made a few posts back about watermarking - I can see where that wouldn't keep entries anonymous but would there maybe be a way to do some sort of generic TPF watermark for viewing and voting? then allow the photo that's selected as the winner be posted with the board member's own watermark if they'd like. Posting a photo without at least trying to prevent it from being stolen would feel to me like throwing my work away.
The rule is "Images submitted must be anonymous and must bear no markings or indications of who the image belongs to. Watermarks, names and copyrights embedded in IEXIF information, etc. count as identification and such images will be rejected."

so i'm assuming that you can watermark the photo but the watermark can't indicate who it belongs to. I may be wrong and maybe Mishelle can clear it up for us...

It would still identify him. He would be the only submission with a watermark.

Last edited:
I'd just like to point out that the second you post a picture HERE you can't use it in the contest anymore. :-(

Be sure to submit them, though! Then we'll post 'em ALL and you can see them!
+1 to that... I cannot win anyway, so that is just for your eye pieces.

Personally, I think that'd be a lot of trouble for no real reason with this challenge. All images have to be 500k or smaller and a maximum of 700px on the long side: It's not like anybody is going to be able to steal those and make a full-page print ad or anything with it!

One thing I forgot to check when I exported out of Lightroom was whether all data was removed ... back to the computer.

One thing I forgot to check when I exported out of Lightroom was whether all data was removed ... back to the computer.

You can just resubmit.

Btw again a reminder that you need to email the submission. Posting it here disqualifies the entry.

Most reactions

Back