TPF Photo Challenge -July '13 - "Meme"

OK, so having had no answer to my question, I googled Steve the scumbag; still not sure what a meme is, though. Can someone give an example?

Uhm - yeah. he's that kid who think's he's a hotshot tough guy, acts all ghetto, always asking to borrow 20 bucks, never pays you back, drinks too much cheap beer, talks about getting some 'bitches'.

Goes to Fenway, Steals a Frank ... But it's all for show.

You know... this kid:

tumblr_ly4q9cTf9V1r5n55qo1_500.jpg

The point is that the real Steve isn't a scumbag (well, maybe. that's debatable), the point is that his image represents some idea that we recognize.

Another example is "overly attached girlfriend"

overly-attached-girlfriend-condoms.jpg

In this case, the character was created in a youtube video as part of a spoof entry in a Justin Beiber fan video contest

But again, we can immediately recognize what Overly Attached Girlfriend represents, even though in reality she's just a normal nineteen year old girl (well... again maybe that's debatable)

http://www.youtube.com/user/wzr0713

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to Tickld.com. Everything there is a meme.

:D

Attachments

• $image-1748198242.jpg
    $image-1748198242.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 333
  • $image-4016419784.jpg
    $image-4016419784.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 194
OK, thanks Unpopular - I have a better idea of things now.

Tiller, I had wondered about the bacon in-joke between American and Canadian members :)

One I threw together in like 10 minutes...hehe Ok, now you should have a good idea of what the theme is!!
9bd89c60-b65d-43a9-95b7-ae4367783daa_zps50b4b722.jpg

All you damned young people and your constant "Me,me! Me,me!" talk.

Makes me SICK!!!!!!!! Everything with you ****ing people is all about "Me, me,me,me!"

I'm working on putting these up now. This was apparently a challenging month as we had few entries... bad mish! :lol:

I totally forgot. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back