Status
Not open for further replies.

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this month, we have decided to set the challenge theme as "Shadows". Please keep in mind that these themes are meant to be subjective. Think outside the box and be creative! Good luck to everyone! We can't wait to see what you come up with!!

For all those who wish to participate in this challenge please take a moment to read through the following:

• Any registered member of The Photo Forum may enter, though anyone foolish enough to be responsible for running the silly thing is not eligible to win.
  • New challenges will be posted on or around the first of each month.
  • Themes are intended to have some measure of flexibility. This is an art thing, folks! Do what you think is right and run with it!
  • The challenge will remain open to new submissions until precisely midnight GMT on the last calendar day of the month.
  • Within five days the images will be assembled for viewing and posted as a display and voting poll. Members of TPF will be allowed to vote for their favorite image. Polls will remain open for one full week.
  • The winner will be announced at the end of the voting week.
  • In the event of the tie, the moderators will select a winner.
  • There are currently no prizes being offered, but we're hoping to change that. Bear with us and be sure to heckle as many moderators about this as humanly possible.
  • I like monkeys.
  • It is at the sole discretion of the challenge moderators to accept or reject any image submitted for any reason they deem appropriate.
  • All images must not have been previously posted to TPF, and ideally should be taken during the challenge month. (The idea is to get folks out and thinking about new ways to shoot!)
  • Images must be emailed to [email protected]. All submitted photos must include a form that needs to be completed. A copy of the form will be posted each month.
  • Images can be no larger than 500k. All images must be 700 pixels long on their long edge. No edge of the image can exceed 700 pixels.
  • Images submitted must be anonymous and must bear no markings or indications of who the image belongs to. Watermarks, names and copyrights embedded in IEXIF information, etc. count as identification and such images will be rejected.
  • Images must be owned by the submitter and copyrighted or trademarked works from another party will not be accepted.

>>>>>>>>>> Copy and Paste this form into your submission email <<<<<<<<<<

ThePhotoForum.com Username:

* Photo Title (optional):

Has this photo been posted before on The Photo Forum? Y/N
>>>>>>>>>> End of form <<<<<<<<<<

Please enter your email subject as "June '14 Photo Challenge Submission"

All photos must include the form when submitted. Just copy and paste it into your email. This will ensure that no mistakes are made when photos are submitted and therefore, hopefully, no photos are excluded. If the form is not included in the submission email the photo will not be included in the challenge gallery and voting process.

This is perfect! I think I have thousands of underexposed photos that would probably have some shadows in them...

Thankfully I don't have to get arrested again for this one. ;)

hmm... this one interests me and I have a plan. Now lets see if I can execute said plan before July. :blushing:

Hi, i'm new here, can i join the contest? Also, i have few question, does we allowed to submit more than one photo? Where i must email my submission? Sorry for the bad english...

One photo, [email protected], and I'm pretty sure anyone can join. Just make sure to read through the OP on this thread very carefully before submitting your photo-there's a form that must be included.

Well, If what i'm THINKING would work, I already took a shot this evening. But I don't know if it'd count. How shady need it be? Question about the rules... No watermarks, nothing to show who owns it, no bigger than 500KB, no bigger than 700 pix at its longest side. RLY. I understand bandwidth restrictions, but come on. A lot of us photographers are taking 10+mb photos, to resize it too 500Kb, it loses a LOT of quality. Your rules, but I personally feel it's a bit steep... :/

Last edited:
Well, If what i'm THINKING would work, I already took a shot this evening. But I don't know if it'd count. How shady need it be? Question about the rules... No watermarks, nothing to show who owns it, no bigger than 500KB, no bigger than 700 pix at its longest side. RLY. I understand bandwidth restrictions, but come on. A lot of us photographers are taking 10+mb photos, to resize it too 500Kb, it loses a LOT of quality. Your rules, but I personally feel it's a bit steep... :/

dude, you could take a picture of the sun and it would "count". Artist license. Shadows is just the theme, you don't have to be literal.

Just take your shot, resize it, submit it, and we won't even see them (let alone know who took them) until after we vote on the "best". If it has a watermark, then we know who took it and the blind voting is biased.

There's no reason a 700px image can't look good on screen.

Ofc it can look good. but it's much better when bigger :p. I do like the idea of blind voting though. That way nobody can vote on someone because they like the person, not the image. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back