TPF - Updates & Changes

Don't get yourself a Cannon.
They make A LOT OF noise!
And noise is something you don't always want when it comes to photography.

Now if it were a "Canon" ... camera... that'd be another thing :greenpbl:

Don't get yourself a Cannon.
They make A LOT OF noise!
And noise is something you don't always want when it comes to photography.

Now if it were a "Canon" ... camera... that'd be another thing :greenpbl:

LOL my first noob mistake! I can't promise that will be the last, but I will try my best to learn quickly :thumbup:

LOL my first noob mistake! I can't promise that will be the last, but I will try my best to learn quickly :thumbup:

Don't you hate it when that happens! :lol:

Thanks for a fantastic virtual place Chase! I've met many friends through TPF and learnt so much here that has enriched my photographic experiences so much from the camera to the darkroom.

Top guy and again endless thanks for founding the best forum I've ever been a part of! :thumbup:

how could it not come up on a photo forum ;)
what lens are you working towards and what do you find as your areas of interest ?
*yes this is TPF 20questions time ;)*

I'm looking at the Sony DT 11-18mm Super Wide-Angle Lens f/4.5-f/22 (SAL-1118) for more outdoor scenery shots and the Sony 18-250mm High Magnification Zoom Lens f/3.5-f/22 (SAL-18250) to replace the kit lens.

It's good to see all this sorted out. Welcome aboard!

Chase: Thanks a ton for all your work on this place. It feels like it was just yesterday I was getting way too drunk at your house, hanging out with my TPF friends. I'm sad to see you go, but I guess when life intervenes, there isn't much you can do about it!

I'm new here but, I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Wait. That's not it.

I'm really happy to see this is such a smooth transition and that you guys will be around and part of the forum. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have been so far. It's full of helpful and friendly people and I'm sure you'll find it a great resource as you get started with photography.

Welcome aboard guys. Isn't there a forum rule where users with <25 posts can't send or receive PMs? So get cracking on that post count :)

And Chase, thanks for making a place that a newb like me feels welcome, even after many years of being in operation.

Welcome aboard guys. Isn't there a forum rule where users with <25 posts can't send or receive PMs? So get cracking on that post count :)

And Chase, thanks for making a place that a newb like me feels welcome, even after many years of being in operation.

Or vote in polls! I'm sure that's not an issue on Admin enabled accounts, though ;)

Thanks Chase for the updated information. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the anxiety of the past week. This is the first ever forum I joined... for anything and I must say that you've done well. What you do and where you go from now, may the winds be at your back and keep the sails full.

Okay, is the 20 questions game gonna be here or in the introduction thread? :biggrin:

... Isn't there a forum rule where users with <25 posts can't send or receive PMs? So get cracking on that post count ...
I think the rank of Site Admin and TPF Tech trumps any rule..... Owner doesn't hurt either. :lol:

As a relative newbie to the forum, I had no idea of the inner workings, the personalities, etc. All I know is that I have thoroughly enjoyed it and the people I've met here. I also have appreciated the opportunity to post and critique. Thank you so much, Chase, for all of your work.

It is time for me to become an official subscriber which I am doing at this very moment.

Ian

As a relative newbie to the forum, I had no idea of the inner workings, the personalities, etc. All I know is that I have thoroughly enjoyed it and the people I've met here. I also have appreciated the opportunity to post and critique. Thank you so much, Chase, for all of your work.

It is time for me to become an official subscriber which I am doing at this very moment.

Ian

Thanks Ian for your support! This is a great site and we will do our best to keep it that way.

We don't want to scare all of you yet :lol:

Ya know, a lot of people have thrown out that excuse. But if people haven't been scared off by my ugly mug. Or Chillers scary but entertaining photos, we won't get scared off by you. Welcome to the site, I know you will be able to make this place your second home. We are a lively, often unruley bunch, but we know how to have fun and we are friendly. If you ever find yourself at a loss of what to shoot come on down to my section of the forum (Assignment threads.) We have some interesting things down there.

Hello everyone!

My name is Doug and I will be here to help out with tech issues, support emails and to learn from all the great information that comes across this forum! I am a noob when it comes to cameras, but I am excited to get to know everyone and expand my horizons :D

Right now I'm on the fence between a Nikon or Canon, but I'm sure after doing some more research the obvious choice will surface ;)

If anyone needs anything please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM!

Doug, my welcome also extends to you. Welcome we are happy to have you aboard our happy little site.. Welcome to the TPF family. We are often dysfunctional but we have fun. Like I said to Dan you are more than welcome to hop on down to the Assignment threads if you are ever at a loss as to what to shoot. Welcome to the forum!

Chase, thank you for creating my favorite place on the web. You truely have made my second home. I have learned so much since being here, and I have made some pretty good friends while here. I applaud your decision to grow in different directions and to enjoy your 2 year old. (congrats on the kid two years late btw.. :lol:) Way to go!! You did it! :sexywink:
So kidding there. Anyways thank you so much for a wonderful site, and I hope we will continue to see you posting and visiting the forum. :hug::

The Assignment threads sound cool! I will definitely have to keep on eye on those :thumbup:

Hello everyone!

My name is Doug and I will be here to help out with tech issues, support emails and to learn from all the great information that comes across this forum! I am a noob when it comes to cameras, but I am excited to get to know everyone and expand my horizons :D

Right now I'm on the fence between a Nikon or Canon, but I'm sure after doing some more research the obvious choice will surface ;)

If anyone needs anything please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM!

The answer to this question is found in this complex equation: 3 = 5... so... that is basically saying that the ones that have choosen Canons (like myself) have figured out the meaning to this equation... and those that haven't figured it out have given up and choose Nikon.

Chase... thanks for starting this forum as I too have benefitted from this site like so many others that have. It is true this is a thankless job that you have done, but because of the work you have put into this site you have changed many a lives for the good. Thank YOU!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back