Track set up?

d1a1s1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to a race tomorrow at Lime rock. I already did a search on here for info but came up short. What should I expect? What are common set ups? What are common mistakes? I know a few of you have experience on this topic so any tips would be appreciated.

Common mistakes is to try and freeze the action of the car without panning the camera along. And when panning not following through.

Long lens. Shutter priority at ~1/100th if possible. Pan smoothly. You may get some very nice shots.

yeah as garbz says. It really depends on what sort of photos you want. Panning you will get a motion blur background, which gives a great sense of speed.

If you havent had much experience at panning, I would probably start at 200 and work your way down to 100 to increase the blur. Panning is quite difficult until you get the hang of it.

If you are looking at the car/ bike whatever it is, straight on, obviously panning isnt the go, and you'll want to up your shutter speed.

Look forward to see what you end up getting!

Thanks for the tips. Ill post tonight.

The one time I shot hurtles I prefocussed to the hurtle I wanted and when the runners were coming down shot off a burst.
Here's an example

• Focal length: 200.0mm
  • Exposure time: 1/640
  • Aperture: f/4.0
  • ISO equiv.: 100
20070430_1145.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back