Tracks

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The swirling lines of these Blackpool tram tracks appealed to me, particularly with the shadows falling across them. I cranked the contrast up to emphasise the graphic qualities.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Tram-tracks.jpg

Thanks for the feedback Mohain. This is a colour shot, but the angle of the light has drained most of it from the scene.

Regards, Tony

How could I have overlooked "my daily tb2-fix" yesterday night!?!?
I looked and looked for it... hmph, did not see it.
And woke up this morning realising that something was "wrong" ... no tb2-photo yesterday.

It was up, though!

And I am happy to find it this morning.
And was going to ask: "Is this a COLOUR photo?", for something suggests that it is, and yet there are hardly any colours there. Which is way cool. Yes, very much like "you" - another "genuine Boughen" :D. I find your compositions and play with light and shadows, lines, curves, shapes and forms ever soooooo inspiring!

I like this a lot, too. Would be very beautiful in pure b/w, too. Have you tried it yet?

Thanks for the further comments everyone. I did have a look at this in B&W Parago, but I lost that natural sepia-like tone, so I stayed with the "colour" version. There was a sliver of skyline clutter that I cropped from this, so I could make the vanishing point of the rails hit the top left corner - it seemed to work better that way. A perceptive friend suggested that the rails and overlapping shadows looked like a reversed dollar!!

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back