Trade?

Bigpopa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have someone that wants to trade me a D200 for my D60 would this be a good thing to do ? I know it will open up alot of lenses and some of the other perks but still would this be a good thing?

If someone wants to trade a D200 for a D60, then there must be something wrong with the D200. Or, the owner of the D200 doesn't know what he/she has.

She said she went from a D70 to the D200 and it is to much camera for her. I have not had a chance to look at it , besides the obvious what else should I look for?

Check all the features, scroll the menus, push ALL the buttons, make sure they do what they're supposed to and look VERY carefully at the whole camera, esp. the mirror chamber. Pay attention to whether it's clean or not. A clean, cared-for camera is more likely to be in better shape than one that's not. Make sure you have a lens or two and take LOTS of test shots in all modes, at different exposures, etc.

Gotcha thanx for the info ..........

So I take it if all is well with this jump on on it?

Yeah, if everything is really good about this then I would say hop on it. However, be very very cautious. This just sounds a bit too good to be true.

How do you know this person? Is it a friend or someone you see very regularly? What are the chances that this person would pull the wool over your eyes?

Maybe you could work up a deal in the trade that if anything goes wrong with either camera in the next week/month (barring a drop or some other damage obviously done after the trade) y'all trade back.

How do you know this person? Is it a friend or someone you see very regularly? What are the chances that this person would pull the wool over your eyes?

Maybe you could work up a deal in the trade that if anything goes wrong with either camera in the next week/month (barring a drop or some other damage obviously done after the trade) y'all trade back.

this is exacty what i was going to suggest... and i'd get it in writing...

I live by the rule that if an offer seems too good to be true, it usually is. But that's not to say there are people out there who offer amazingly good deals for reasons unknown to the rest of the world. Check things out and if the camera seems solid, go for it. I wouldn't do it sight unseen though.

Also, how do you know this person? Is there any chance the camera might be stolen?

I know her from coming into the club I shoot at but I would definatly have something in writing ........thanx for all the suggestions..

for what it's worth, Best Buy has the D200 body on deep sale for 599 right now

selling your D60 and buying a new D200 may be less of a headache if you really want to upgrade

Most reactions

Back