Traditions

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
Website
www.lulu.com
When four of Santa's elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not
produce the toys as fast as the regular ones, Santa was beginning to
feel the pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mom was coming to visit. This
stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them
were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out,
heaven knows where.
More stress.

Then, when he began to load the sleigh, one of the boards cracked,
and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider
and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that
the elves had hidden the liquor, and there was nothing to drink. In
his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it broke
into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to
get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of the
broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and irritable Santa trudged to the door.
He opened the door, and there was a little angel with a great big
Christmas tree. The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas,
Santa. Isn't it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where
would you like me to stick it?"

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the
Christmas tree.

What special traditions do you have and where and how did they start?

HAHAHAHA
Traditions: Well, we always open one gift on Christmas eve, but that's not so weird. What is weird is that my dad always opens a gift he bought himself :lol:
It started years a go when he bought a Robo-grip because they came out too late to put on his list. The rest is history. He got me to buy a tie last year to pull a fast one on mom, so I did. But I bought slippers too. Bwahaha

ha! Love that!
There is only one tradition I can think of. My grandfather one year bought this ugly green shirt with some nasty print on it. If I can find it soon I'll post a photo - you have to see it to fully appreciate it. Anyway, every year on Christmas Eve he would pull it out and wear it but we hang it in the living room while opening gifts. Only on Christmas Eve. I since he passed nobody has had the nerve to wear it, but I think this is my year to start. I wonder if it will last another 30-40 years?

Why does Santa have such a big sack?

Well, he only comes once a year....

...and when he does it's down the chimney...

Traditions! Well, from childhood on I always got a pair of PJs on Christmas eve and I've continued that with the boys. We will open PJs, watch a movie and have hot chocolate. :love:

Alison said:
Traditions! Well, from childhood on I always got a pair of PJs on Christmas eve and I've continued that with the boys. We will open PJs, watch a movie and have hot chocolate. :love:

Awww sweet......I also get a new pair of jammies......funny I often wear them all of Christmas day! I even greet the quests in them....with matching high heels of course! (gotta dress em up a bit!)

how can you wear high heels and be comfy?? :er:

Traditions: Well we always go to my grandparents on my dads side and have christmas with them there. Then we go home, sleep (duh) open just our family's gifts, play around, then my parents make supper cuz my cousins from a way away come and from local and we have a huge party on my moms side.

THEN on boxing day its over to my grandparents on my moms sid (cuzins stay at our place) and its my grandpas birthday:wink: Big party. And then me and my cousins have our annual nicki-nicki-ninedoors routine :mrgreen: Holiday cheer

Tradition here for Christmas is that we usually put up and decorate the tree on Christmas Eve, and consequently leave it up until around my brother's birthday in February. :D

Most reactions

Back