Train Shows over the holiday

Boxhousev

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

My son is such a huge fan of trains. We went out to a few train shows this holiday. I was trying to get some photos to hang in his room. I actually had a lot of fun trying to shoot all the details. Here are some that I liked.

Feel free to C&C (I understand there are a lot so you don't have to do them all by any means)

Thanks! Happy New Year everyone!

1. Just for fun. I liked his expression...he sure didn't want to leave.
fef41d0a-1.jpg

427fa461-1.jpg

d1dfb658-1.jpg

410a49b1-1.jpg

e623c1c2-1.jpg

ef3b3fd0-1.jpg

5b81b294-2.jpg

Not bad. #2 has a huge orange spot on his head and #4 looks a little blurry to me. I like the rest of them though. I still have my train sets from when I was younger as they are worth more money now. I have some photos that I took earlier this month of the CP Holiday Train as it passed through Winona, MN. The train had a live band on board and the whole train was decorated with Christmas lights. If you would like to see them just let me know.

I really like your first shot ... there is some "air" about it, not sure how to describe it.

Photoguy yeah love to see them! Thanks.

The orange on his face in #2, was from a giant rail road crossing near him blinking. I actually liked that about the photo, I should have mentioned that's what the color was from.

Thanks for the likes!

I will resize them so I can post them for you. I have roughly 23, how many would you like to see?

I like the last best

photo guy said:
I will resize them so I can post them for you. I have roughly 23, how many would you like to see?

As many has you want to post. Pick ur favs or post them all. I know my son and I will enjoy looking at them! :)

I have 10 good ones ready and about 10 more to come. Here is the first 4. Canadian Pacific Railroad Sponsors This and puts it on every year. Started in 1999 up in Canada and has expanded to some of their routes in the U.S. This was the 13th year it was in Winona, MN. I was in town down there Dec. 9-11, 2011 for a family event and this was on the 10th. Enjoy.

Nashville artist Sidney Grigg

Last edited:
Here are the next 4. Enjoy.

Another photo of Nashville artist Sidney Grigg

Taken from just after the band location / boxcar looking towards the front of the train

Taken in front of the engine / locomotive looking towards the back

The old passenger cars where the band stayed warm between location stops

Last edited:
I have 106 pictures I took of my parents garden RR they decorated for the holiday season. I have them on my facebook page. I have a brother that does N scale. I plan to photograph his layout in January. If you want to see them send me a PM so I can add you so you can see them.

Thanks photo guy. Looks like an amazing event. My family would love that. Thanks for sharing. :) happy new year!

No problem, I will post more of them tomarrow for you. Feel free to keep them if you would like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back