Train....

wil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this photo. sky too dark? I think the pole and wires take something away...but I don't know. maybe I'll Photoshop it out.
100_1133EngineNO505WebCopy.jpg

I think you have a good shot, but I find the area on the left to be distracting. Is there a way to crop some off the left and still feel like there is space for the train to travel into? The train is what interests me, but there is just a bit too much scenery around it for it to really pop out at me. Hope that helps!

Chase said:
I think you have a good shot, but I find the area on the left to be distracting. Is there a way to crop some off the left and still feel like there is space for the train to travel into? The train is what interests me, but there is just a bit too much scenery around it for it to really pop out at me. Hope that helps!

i totally agree. the perspective coupled with that sky is enough to explore your possibilies. cropping anything from the left will ruin this IMO.

how good are ya at PS'ing? ;)

I'm thinking Wally's Conversion Action on this one...look in the Examples and How To part of the forum ;)

What about bluring the back back ground so Its just a tad out of focus?

elsaspet said:
Would love to see this in a really contrasty black and white!

I'll look but I think I already did a b&w of this.

OT: jadin, about your signature; there was this quote, i don't remeber who said it; ah here it is:
We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.Robert Wilensky, speech at a 1996 conference:lol:

eydryan said:
OT: jadin, about your signature; there was this quote, i don't remeber who said it; ah here it is:
We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.Robert Wilensky, speech at a 1996 conference:lol:

Yeah that's a good one. I like my signature one since it has the ironic twist. :)

jadin said:
Yeah that's a good one. I like my signature one since it has the ironic twist. :)
I don't know if you're familiar with the Bob Newhart sketch where he plays the man that's overseeing that very experiment.

"Hold on, I think we've got something here" he says, as he reads from one monkey's paper. "To be or not to be... that is the gzornumplat.." :D

Here you go, I used the "Lab color" method in Photoshop CS2 I perfer it to the "grayscale-desaturate" method.

100_1133EngineNO505WebCopyBW1.jpg

Most reactions

Back