Trains C+C

j-dogg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some recent shots of the local Florida East Coast. One of my most challenging subjects since they seem to be going about 400mph every time I have my camera out.

Will be updated regularly. Feel free to post comments, criticism, bomb threats and ransom notes, minus clarity, Photobucket seems to remove some clarity when i upload to them and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's their compression software or it loses some when they resize it.

Shot this a couple days ago.

IMG_9466e.jpg

C&C per req:

Way under-exposed. At least 1 - 1 1/2 stops. I think you could have made this image a lot more striking with the use of a polarzing filter as well. Since they are fast-moving, have you considered trying some panning shots?

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks.

I actually did use a polarizer and a uv on this shot without them I get refractions from the headlights.

Will up the exposure and shoot in raw next time, there's a train that rolls through here around 5 ill see if I can shoot it.

definately under-exposed.

I would suggest comping the train much higher in the frame.... would like to see more ground and less sky. That would give the train more 'power' as well as make the shot more pleasing in my opinion.

aannnnddd my van broke down today. awesome. guess I'll have to catch them after work.

Most reactions

Back