Transportation photography, CnC please

RonRdRcr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these a while ago and thought they came out really good considering my lack of knowledge in photography at the time. My friends seem to think I have an eye for photographing cars, but I wanted some photographers opinions.

This is an old dump truck I found rotting away in a field. I liked the lighting on it the way it was because it gives it a creepy old dying feeling.
It was too muddy to get out of the jeep and get any closer to keep the barbed wire out of the shot. I thought I cropped it in Photobucket, but apparently it didn't take.

DSC08152.jpg

This one I took of a friends car at work one night trying to play around with my cameras settings and get a feel for what all of them do. Still didn't learn much that night but this shot came out great. The only editing I did was getting the license plate out of the picture.

NewImage.jpg

I didn't like the light pole in the shot here, but nothing I could do about it at the time.

DSC04500.jpg

Obviously I played around with this one a little bit.

DSC04494edit.jpg

Tell me what you think.

Ron

Now that I'm learning a little more I realize looking back at the photos that I didn't apply the rule of thirds to the first two. Looks odd now that I look at it that way.

Ron

the firts one could be a better photo with a different angle of shot. bw could enhance the result ;)

The third down would be better with out the light pole in it.

Hey Ron, Haven't seen ya on Giga in quite awhile.

Small world, nice to see you here also.

Hey Ron, Haven't seen ya on Giga in quite awhile.

Small world, nice to see you here also.

Yeah, it has been a while. I snuck my head in on JSW's thread about firing the Monster up again. Other than that I've been spending most of my time studying for school and working.

Ron

Same here,

since I got rid of the Falco (still have the KLRjr) I really haven't been keeping up on the riding forums. I really wonder if he'll ever finish the Duc

Been busy working and studying photography.

Here's my flickr

What kind of lens did you use on the beamer if you dont mind me asking?

it looks as though you were sitting in your car when you took the first photo.. as i can see the dashboard blurred... don't be afraid to get out of your car to get a good shot.. that is a really interesting subject (#1) with some really cool textures that could really come out if you took the time to compose the shot nicely.

the other photos don't do much for me.. but thats because i'm not really into car photos..

it looks as though you were sitting in your car when you took the first photo.. as i can see the dashboard blurred... don't be afraid to get out of your car to get a good shot.. that is a really interesting subject (#1) with some really cool textures that could really come out if you took the time to compose the shot nicely.

the other photos don't do much for me.. but thats because i'm not really into car photos..

I would have stepped out at the time, but I was wearing nice shoes and would rather get the tires of the Jeep dirty than my nice shoes. The mud was really thick as I was on a dirt road. I do plan on going back out there. Maybe I'll do it this morning if the winds lay down a little.

Ron

I would have stepped out at the time, but I was wearing nice shoes and would rather get the tires of the Jeep dirty than my nice shoes. The mud was really thick as I was on a dirt road. I do plan on going back out there. Maybe I'll do it this morning if the winds lay down a little.

Ron

you could even just open the door and stick your head out.. jeeps are nice and high, so your shoes would be ok...

Same here,

since I got rid of the Falco (still have the KLRjr) I really haven't been keeping up on the riding forums. I really wonder if he'll ever finish the Duc

Been busy working and studying photography.

Here's my flickr

I'll have to check out your flikr when I get home, can't view it at work.

Ron

Ron

you could even just open the door and stick your head out.. jeeps are nice and high, so your shoes would be ok...

Yeah I know, that is actually the top of the mirror in the photo. I tried to crop it out in photobucket but it didn't take. We'll see if I can come up with anything today. If not I have my dirty shoes today. :mrgreen:

Ron

Most reactions

Back