transportation revised

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I incorporated Peanuts suggestion for a old black and white type photo along with a few others. Do you prefer this over the colour version and if so, why?

skieur

transportation_oldphoto.jpg

I dont think it does it, quite.
Its not authentic enough carry off an old photo theme.
The wheels dont look right, tarmac and painted parking spaces, the building, although clearly knackered looks modern compared with the car body.
I've tried this myself, and always found things in my pictures that dont fit, except for 1 or 2.
I usually go sepia for oldie stuffs too.

Well... I was thinking and thinking again about that colour photo of yours which is somewhere else here in General Critical Analysis, and was wondering why it doesn't have the impact that you strove for, and I was thinking about that one that actually the three elements do work (for me), i.e. the railway bridge, the hut and the vintage car, only was the other not cropped tightly enough, I feel.
This one leaves out the bridge and plays with some "make it look old" elements, but --- somehow also I feel it doesn't quite work that well, the photo still does not look "old" or "timeless"... I must think about it more...

Thanks Joxby. I certainly should not have missed the painted parking spaces, although they are easy to take out.

LaFoto, I am glad that I am not the only one who could not come to any solid conclusions about what I should have done with this one, but then that is why I posted it. Thanks for thinking about it.

skieur

nah, its not good. this photo isnt worth editing. If you had taken a quality photo to begin with, IE less exposed, lower iso. itd be better. maybe try a viggenete?

Try some coherent, literate, understandable English, joey!

skieur

Most reactions

Back