Trash the Dress!

I'm doing a session in August. I will post pictures then. Dont know if they will be any good... But who we'll see...

It is turning into a BIG HIT event here. I went to the local thrift store yesterday to see and photo the gowns I will supply to first takers and asked the lady about price for them all. I was floored when she said "OMG are you the one who is doing the Dress Trashing thing" "that sounds sooooooo cool" can I bring my little girl she will LOVE getting dirty after getting all Dressed up. So far I have two models and Three photographers ( One a pro) and a make up /beautician signed on for the shoot. One photog will do Black n White film only.

Questions I have been getting
#1 Age requirement. Can my little girl be there as like a flower girl.
#2 Can my 17 year old do this? Some with a picture of the knock Dead Gorgeous 17 yr old.
My answer was yes but parental consent required and that I preferred the parent to be there, What is your take on this and should I require a release be signed.

OMW! I want to do a shoot like that soooooooooooo bad LOL! Just dont know anyone who will actually trash their dress LOL!!!

Yes its free and I am even supplying the dress for a few of them and a make up artist for touching up. It started out as just wanted to do this mock shoot, something small but it seems to become an event in the planning. I will have to play it out to see were it goes.

Going to do a mini shoot this afternoon if the wind and light are good enough. This is a homemade fog chiller . Im trying to get a blanket of fog for effect.

Attachments

• $fogchiller1.JPG
    $fogchiller1.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 117
i wanna trash mine after i get married in dec. but i think my mother would have a heart attack, sounds like a fun idea and interesting photographs.

I found a really nice location, it’s a horse ranch with lots of nice possibilities. There are stables with chandeliers for lighting and a hay loft. A creek with a small wood dock . Lots of Thorough Breads and a family farm type grave yard and a really cool looking old well.
The well is hand dug built from local stone collected from around the farm toped with a roof and complete with pointed bottom bucket to plunge the water. The owner asked me to get a spiritual themed picture of the graveyard as she is told that at the turn of the century (early 1800,s) it was a home for wayward women and this is why the graveyard is filled with headstones for girls about 19 year old . And the one I read was 1806.
We did a little test shoot on July 30 ( Full Moon night by the way) to see what the location would be like ( fog machine and light) well the fog chiller idea was a bust as the blanket of fog drifted away from the grave yard no matter where we put it. If you put it on the East side it would drift east. West would go west and so on. So I said forget the chiller just blow some fog into the stones so I can get in a few shots. Well were is what I got and it’s a bit freaky. Is it just fog or ??

minishoot9.jpg

Update: I'm actually doing a shoot tonight at a beach here in newfoundland, and a few shots out on cape spear, which is all wind, waves, grass, rocks and really old army barracks that run underground.

I'm pretty excited about this :):) I've had six girls wanting to trash their prom dresses so far!

Yep Im flooded with people wanting to join in .:wink:. The owner of the location is very excited as it will bring exposure to her horse farm:wink:. The make up artist is exctied that her work might make it to a magazine:wink:. Its getting bigger all the time. I pray that conditions are good on August 19 and we capture awesome images. There looks to be about 10 models and 5 photogs so far.

Most reactions

Back