Trash the Dress!

Jeepnut28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
anyone done a dress trashing yet? from what I have read it is the new hotness sweeping the country.

It's a new bridal portrait trend. Pictures are typically taken a couple weeks after the wedding and in many cases, the dress is cleaner than it was after the reception. It's not about destructing the dress as it may sound but rather getting on the ground, in the water, or something without worrying about how the dress is going to look afterwards.

http://trashthedress.wordpress.com/

I can't wait to find a bride to do a session with me.

my sister just got married, and when she gets back we are going to do one. her friend who was married last year is going to do it as well. i am very excited about it. i am going to use my d2oo as well as my toy cameras. when i get pics i will post.

I am pretty sure that I just conviced my bride to be to get it done.

There was someone else on this forum who did sort of a trash the dress type of photoshoot and he said that his models had just bought their dresses for about $20 each.
If you can't find a bride who is ready to do it, you could find a model and do it with a thrift store dress and then have examples to show.

That looks like fun! I normally can't stand weddings in general, but this looks like it has potential for some really great photos.

I sooo want to do this also! One of my upcoming brides is into the idea, but her wedding's in March, so it'll be a while :-( TTD is so cool, I'm thinking about trashing mine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back