TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY PRICING!

Whoa! Thanks for all the responses...I hadn't checked this in a while and was totally surprised when I looked again.

I met with them again today (I'm not sure if I should disclose who it is at this point), and I have a few more details.

It would be more of a work-for-hire deal, and they would own all of the images I gave them, essentially. They basically said that up front...deal or no deal type of thing. I couldn't sell the images afterwards, though I would be able to use them on my website/portfolio, etc. They'd pay for my airfare and lodging and other relevant expenses along with about $10000 (ballpark?) to travel to a country for a few days and take photos in a factory to document conditions. It's for their ethical standards dept....brochures, yearly updates, images for shareholders, etc.

Let's just say it's a big, big (big) company, and they know I haven't been in the business very long...but they've been very nice and I really think they are trying to help me out.

Let's just say it's a big, big (big) company, and they know I haven't been in the business very long...but they've been very nice and I really think they are trying to help me out.

Given this clue, your location and the nature of the assignment, I suppose it shouldn't take too many guesses to figure this one out.

Anyway, I think you've gotten some good advice already in this thread. In the worst case, you might finish the job and realize you could have gotten a better deal, but you'll still get to put this gig on your resume.

Whoa! Thanks for all the responses...I hadn't checked this in a while and was totally surprised when I looked again.

I met with them again today (I'm not sure if I should disclose who it is at this point), and I have a few more details.

It would be more of a work-for-hire deal, and they would own all of the images I gave them, essentially. They basically said that up front...deal or no deal type of thing. I couldn't sell the images afterwards, though I would be able to use them on my website/portfolio, etc. They'd pay for my airfare and lodging and other relevant expenses along with about $10000 (ballpark?) to travel to a country for a few days and take photos in a factory to document conditions. It's for their ethical standards dept....brochures, yearly updates, images for shareholders, etc.

So you're getting $10,000 plus they are paying for travel, lodging and expenses? How many days of shooting will it be, and how many final images do they want?

So you're getting $10,000 plus they are paying for travel, lodging and expenses? How many days of shooting will it be, and how many final images do they want?
That was back in April.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back