Traveling Jan-March.... but where?

India! Of all the places I've been (and I'm only missing Antarctica from the 'Continents, collect the whole set' game) that is the one place I could go back to a hundred times.

What are the must see places in India? Either the touristy ones or the ones that only the people in the know have knowledge of.

Oh, since this thread is several months old, were did you decide to go bc_ Steve?

Ireland is quite boring photographic wise Northern Ireland is much better, But Scotland is wonderful better still Norway

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Oh and yeah I travel a bit too. Been to a few US states. Been to Florida, Maryland, Pennsivania, Callfornia, Nevada, Utah outside the US I've been to UAE, Thailand, Finland, OZ, South Africa and France, Spain, Belgum, Ireland in Europe

Last edited:
Come to Scotland, we have some ridiculously beautiful landscapes here! March is a pretty good month to be out too

I've only seen a tiny fraction of those landscapes with my own eyes - spent a weekend in Pitlochry about 10-12 years ago, took the train up from Newcastle - but I have to agree with this. I've been itching to go back.

Cool, Pitlochry is a nice area, some nice lochs and lochans up there. I've been traveling quite a bit this year to the Islands, Barra hhas some stunninng beaches with blue water and white sands that I've seen. Shetland has some amazing land features like stacks and arches, cliffs and rugged coastline. Orkney was brilliant too with the WW2 history and the Vikings

The Islands are definitely on my list. I think Orkney will have to be first. My boyfriend is a historian and specializes in military history, and he's like a pig in sh*t any time we are in areas with WW2 history. And I love me some Vikings - the seafaring, the linguistic influence on English, the funny hats...what's not to love? :)

Sounds like $$$ is no object, how about Bora, Bora or Polynesian Islands?
Don't know anything about them except they're supposed to be beautiful. Us <1% wouldn't know though :)
have fun, send us a postcard.
Nancy
i guess the timing is wrong, but southern Utah National Parks are absolutely a photographers dream trip! Can't wait to go again as I am alittle more experienced.

Enjoyed your Flickr! Good luck with figuring out the next adventure!

Hadn't realized that this thread was revived!!

You would not be disappointed if you chose Indonesia. I had a blast visiting there.

Indonesia is very high on the list, and not yet ruled out! My brother has been a couple of times and loved it. My last trip, with the way the flights worked on the way home I spent 3 days there. Pretty good first impression!

I have never been able to travel like I wanted to. However, the wife and I are seriously looking at taking a trip to Europe sometime late next year. But the one place I have always wanted to visit is Japan.

My friends are trying to organize a snowboarding trip there next January ... pretty tempting

Come to Scotland, we have some ridiculously beautiful landscapes here! March is a pretty good month to be out too

I think I will be working again by the middle of March ... I would love to visit sometime though!

India! Of all the places I've been (and I'm only missing Antarctica from the 'Continents, collect the whole set' game) that is the one place I could go back to a hundred times.

What are the must see places in India? Either the touristy ones or the ones that only the people in the know have knowledge of.

Oh, since this thread is several months old, were did you decide to go bc_ Steve?

Haven't 100% decided. Leaning towards 2-3 weeks in Myanmar and then 3-4 weeks in India. Not sure what part of India yet, but I have already traveled to a few places there Went snowboarding in Kashmir, visited some pretty amazing beaches on the Andaman Islands, traveled around in the desert state of Rajasthan. I visited a few of the big tourist attractions like the Taj Mahal or the Golden Temple when I was traveling by them, but for me the most interesting thing was just the daily life around you.

Sounds like $$$ is no object, how about Bora, Bora or Polynesian Islands?
Don't know anything about them except they're supposed to be beautiful. Us <1% wouldn't know though :)
have fun, send us a postcard.
Nancy
i guess the timing is wrong, but southern Utah National Parks are absolutely a photographers dream trip! Can't wait to go again as I am alittle more experienced.

I was actually there in southern Utah (not for long enough though) last year in February. Unfortunately a lot of the dirt roads were too wet for me to drive with a car and it was a little cold for camping but it was beautiful!

Enjoyed your Flickr! Good luck with figuring out the next adventure!

Thank you! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back