Traveling need post critique on 3 photos please...

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey gang,

I'm traveling and using a laptop I've never used for post processing before. I'm using the same apps as I do on my base system at home and I just new a few sets of eyes on these shots to see if there are any possible issues. I would like to post-process in the evening rather than having to wait until I arrive at home.

Mainly concerned about any dust spots I missed on this crappy laptop screen (only the f/14 landscape shots), levels, staturation, and color temperature, or anything else.

Thanks,
Roy

landscape_1.jpg

landscape_2.jpg

#3 I this saturated enough?
flower_1.jpg

Hi Roy,

I don't see any dust spots.
The landscapes are slightly pink, which is pretty good for me!
Great job!
Maybe you should work a bit more on the first photo. This rock need some light on it...
But, i said it, it is great job!

Mike

Using dust motes as an excuse to show off such wonderful work. Will have to keep that one in mind. :) Imagine if the prints were scanned in at 1200 dpi or higher, would be able to find dust when viewing "actual size".

The last shot seems quite vibrant on later inspection. Since colour saturation is a toughy for me, would say it's quite good as is. Yet you could probably play with it to find out if it needed more or less to suit you the best.

Thanks Rancer...LOL...these are honestly my first attempts at ocean landscapes. Learning to use two ND Grad filters along with bulb and shutter release cable.

Okay...here are two more and the second frame with a better sky. Just would like to know if #3 is underexposed any? My laptop monitor may be too bright but I'm not sure. Looking at the levels histogram it should be okay.

landscape_11.jpg

landscape_22.jpg

landscape_33.jpg

Thanks

I really like #1 and #2 of the last post! Great colours and nice composition.

The #3 is well exposed for me! ; )

I think the re-posted frame #2 shows the horizon of the ocean much more clearly now! The new frame #3 is simply awesome!!

Hey gang,

Okay, the final products...dumped the first one. Thanks for the comments.

Captured with a Canon 30D, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM, and a Cokin P-Wide filter holder and Hitec .6 and .9 (2 and 3 stop) Soft ND-Grad.

#1 17mm, 3 sec, f/14, ISO 100
4097646070_e58c885bf7_b.jpg

#2 17mm, 4 sec, f/14, ISO 100
4096890307_ebe9a2c3d5_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

those are some fantastic long exposures!! well done!

LOL thanks folks!

Just so you know, these shots taken with the Canon EF 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens were after I disassembled the lens to clean it, so it definitely still takes decent shots. Here's the LINK to the video tutorial for that cleaning process.

Thanks,
Roy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back