Traveling Studio

Lally0724

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, for those of you who do portraits and take lighting and backdrops to people's homes or conference centres or that, what do you use?!?!?! I have been putting this off for too long, I like doing the outdoor portraits, where you work with the sun, and a little bit of fill flash, but I'm starting to get busier and people are phoning me for indoor portraits. I don't have anywhere to set up a permanent studio right now, so I'm just wondering what do you take with you for lighting, and for a backdrop. Thanks for your help,
Lally

We take the following:
-Hensel lighting kit
-Umbrellas
-Softbox
-Reflector & stand
-Backdrops (one dark and one light) muslin & clips to hold them taught
-Sometimes a paper backdrop (I have white and black)
-Stand for the backdrop

The hardest thing is working in a small space and not knowing what you'll find when you arrive at the house. On the flip side of that, we've gotten to use some wonderful props that people have in their home (fireplaces, antique chairs, etc) that wouldn't have been in the photos if we had a traditional studio.

Thanks for your reply, what is the name of the backdrops you have, and what is your backdrop stand? Aproximately how long does it take to get all of this set up in someone's home? Are your lights pretty durable to withstand being moved around? What brand of lights do you suggest are the best for this?

Thanks again,
Lally

Most reactions

Back