Travelling with Camera (need case)

Kristie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My husband and I are travelling to Thailand Oct/Nov and we need a smaller camera case to bring with us (more compact).
We'd like a waterproof case (Pelican) but we can't seem to find something that's JUST small enough for our camera.
We currently have the Pelican case 1400 but we'd like to try to find something half the size.

Anyone know of anything that will fit with our Nikon D80 with a 18-70mm lens?

Yeah the only problem with smaller pelican cases is they aren't deep enough to fit DSLR's :(

The lowepro isn't hard case, is it? That's more what I'm looking for.

The lowepro isn't hard case, is it? That's more what I'm looking for.

So does that mean you are looking for a hard case or soft? Not clear....

I'm almost positive you can find something from Pelican. There is such a wide variety. Of sizes and shapes. Another option is to use the pelican without the internal foam and pack a small padded camera bag inside. Good protection during transit with easy grab and go once you reach your destination.

If a soft small case is what you want... also look into Lowepro's sling bags.

i know you said a hard case but lowepro has a waterproof backpack out you might like

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.
I dont care if it's hard or soft, but it needs to be waterproof.
I look into lowepro again and see if I can find the waterproof backpack. THANKS.

I found the backpack... I didn't even think I could find something like that to be waterproof... thanks for the tip!

Lowepro has their 'Dryzone' bags that should be fairly water proof. Many of their bags are AW (all weather) which have zipper flaps, water resistant fabric and a pull out rain cover. I have the Computrekker AW and it kept my gear dry on many rainy days in Costa Rica.

Also, you could check out a camping/outdoor store for their water proof sacks. Usually in the boating section. This bags would keep out the water but don't offer much in the way of protection...so I would suggest getting a bag that would fit a regular camera bag. I don't know the brand name of these bags but I know that they sell them at Camper's Village (as store that my company owns) http://www.campers-village.com/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back