Travels to Thailand and want to buy a camera - HELP !

Nirprz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello :)
this post has been translated on "Google" because my English isn't good, hope you'll understand me.

So I have a 5d mark II, and I realized if I want to go with 2 more friends to Thailand for a month to make tracks and extreme bit I should not drag on with all the camera and lenses and a little dangerous equipment, so I decided to buy a waterproof camera.

People who were in Thailand will be able to help me a lot this linking

My budget is up to 400$ with an option to deviate a bit more ...

I prefer a camera that has a protection against water and all, but most importantly to me is picture quality, the more megapixels,RAW, shutter, HD video, zoom...

I'm a little confused and still do not know what I want, however this camera is supposed to serve me the following trips also include extreme, thank you so much for all the helpers,

PEACE FROM ISRAEL !

Look at the Canon S95. It has the same sensor as the G12 so you'll get the same quality, but it's a little more affordable. It can also shoot in RAW. The G12 is a little more versatile, especially with having most major settings on the camera's dials, but it's another $100 over the S95. The S95 is also smaller and does not have a view finder like the G12 does. Maybe some of those features would steer you towards one or the other, but that's what I'd look at in your price range.

On a side note, I spent some time in Phuket this year. Loved it!

Look at the Canon S95. It has the same sensor as the G12 so you'll get the same quality, but it's a little more affordable. It can also shoot in RAW. The G12 is a little more versatile, especially with having most major settings on the camera's dials, but it's another $100 over the S95. The S95 is also smaller and does not have a view finder like the G12 does. Maybe some of those features would steer you towards one or the other, but that's what I'd look at in your price range.

On a side note, I spent some time in Phuket this year. Loved it!

Thank you for the answer :)

the canon s95 is not a waterproof camera.
and i need waterproof camera for my extreme trip in Thailand...
and my budget is up to 500 $

Thanks !

ok, thank you very much Juice :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back