[TravelZoom]Pocket Travel Mate

Wolfox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
I'm here in this forum to find a solution to my needs. If possible.
I travel for work and my Laptop is not good for heavy post editing and I don't have professional post editing softwares.
But I'm Tired of using a Phone for Photos, you see something in the distance, but once you make the photo is not visible in the Image.
I have done research, looking for the Hotspot where al my requirements can match.

-What I was focusing to match more in my research was:
  1. Zoom above 20x(photo & Video)
  2. Battery Life
  3. Rechargeable via USB.
  4. Built in Features
    • Tilt shift mode(photo & Video), Time-lapse, Panorama,HDR, more build in effects possible.
  5. Optical stabilisation(photo & Video)
  6. 180° Tilt screen
  7. Good percentage of good images for each shot
  8. 1080P-30/60fps(more if possible)
  9. Wifi for remote,apps, transfer data.

Is difficult to have everything, I noticed, but this is what I'm more concern about.
The Models I crossed in this period of research. I write what stops me with the decision.
  • -Sony Cyber-shot HX90V:
  1. NO Tilt shift effects in videos. In Photos the should be, called Toy effect.
  2. NO Time Lapse.
  3. Sony Playmemories app support is SOOOO lame from what I read. Lot's of Fantastic effects, BUT incompatibilities or region blocked in stupid ways. I don't what to be in a region and find my camera with a handicap because of this.
  4. This or the Sony Cyber-shot WX500, Identical cameras, but look like the WX500 has also less built in effects.
  5. Looks like the ZOOM motor becomes noisy.
  • -Canon PowerShot SX700 HS
  1. NO Panorama, from the data I found around.
  2. NO USB Charging
  3. Poor Battery Life
  4. Would Be nice a 180° tilt screen.
  • -Panasonic LUMIX TZ70_ZS50
  1. NO Idea of the Built in Features
  2. NO Tilt Screen
  3. Bit Bigger than the others
  4. Still NO Idea of battery Life or if it charges via USB.

This are the one getting my attention, but I'm Open to any other suggestions.
Any New camera you have in mind or have with you that can help, just Post. Even if you want to ask me question, no problems.

Thanks for Helping

PS: Sorry for the Bad English....

Last edited:
Is this in the wrong session of the Forum or because the cameras a re "Wrong" for professionals that no one would help?
Not even a advise.
I will leave it here, now work calls, I will experience by my self.
Thanks again to everybody

Hi,

-What I was focusing to match more in my research was:
  1. Zoom above 20x(photo & Video)
  2. Battery Life
  3. Rechargeable via USB.
  4. Built in Features
    • Tilt shift mode(photo & Video), Time-lapse, Panorama,HDR, more build in effects possible.
  5. Optical stabilisation(photo & Video)
  6. 180° Tilt screen
  7. Good percentage of good images for each shot
  8. 1080P-30/60fps(more if possible)
  9. Wifi for remote,apps, transfer data.

That's quite a list of requirements. Any camera that can do ALL of that also sucks at doing all of that.

I would figure out what items are a MUST and base the purchase on those requirements.
Also any 20x zoom that doesn't wieght 12lbs isn't going to be a crisp clean lens.

Just bought the ZS50 for my wife. Amazing little camera.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

That's quite a list of requirements. Any camera that can do ALL of that also sucks at doing all of that.

I would figure out what items are a MUST and base the purchase on those requirements.
Also any 20x zoom that doesn't wieght 12lbs isn't going to be a crisp clean lens.

Thanks all for the support
I totally Agree with you, my list is not what I want, is what I would like to find, But this travelzooms will be much more better than a Smartphone.
I have a Canon sx130is, the batteries die in few shots and worse with videos or I will be still using it. To bad no USB charging.
Maybe I'm lucky that in the country I'm now the Mall was having only Smartphones, and no Photograph shops at the moment. Still have time to decide.
I was also attracted by the Canon G3x, but I have to stay Compact and to the rules, so the TZ70/Zs50 and HX90 are dominant on the top, looking also at the WX500, but "ASSASINSONY" for sure will support the more expensive HX series.........Maybe! That App thing is really annoying. Plus it looks like they make wifi remote work the worse.
(RUMORS only RUMORS)
It's hard, in the past I also tried the Samsung WB series! NO MORE SAMSUNG THANKS! :biggrinangelA:

No camera has all the features. The TZ70 can be charged via USB. The SX700 comes with a seperate charger.
HX90V also with USB.
The HX90V takes up to 360pics on a full charge. The TZ70: 300 and the SX700: 250.
For time lapse you could take a look at the Panasonic FZ300.
It also has a fully articulated screen. But this is a larger camera.
Panasonic has a good app for remote control.
Here you can compare the features of this camera's:
Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review
Rudi

Last edited:
No camera has all the features. The TZ70 can be charged via USB. The SX700 comes with a seperate charger.
HX90V also with USB.
The HX90V takes up to 360pics on a full charge. The TZ70: 300 and the SX700: 250.
For time lapse you could take a look at the Panasonic FZ300.
It also has a fully articulated screen. But this is a larger camera.
Panasonic has a good app for remote control.
Here you can compare the features of this camera's:
Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review
Rudi
Thanks Rudi,
If I was Looking for a Camera with the shape of the FZ300, everything would be easier, has Muuuuuch more features of the Compacts, plus I see that this model would resist better to the environment.
I'm diggin much in DPreview, Snapsort,Cameralabs and others to take more info possible and if some other model might be found.
Review on review, test on Test

UPDATE: Looks like the choice is going towards the Panasonics.
The TZ70 is cheaper, the Flash is in the most Stupid place human can think to put it,but it's a fixed one,EVF is fixed, because all those EVF and POPout Flash on the HV90V feels like a collector of dust and if accidentally opens, they might strip off while pulling it out from a bag or pocket
For the Tilt screen, I see that the Panasonic App is very good, so a Smartphone can do that dirty job while doing a selfie.
Why I say Panasonic"S" is because I'm also interested in the TZ100, less zoom, but might have a better image quality then for cropping might make you get some X more.
But the TZ100 and ZS100 are slightly different, seen the ZS ,with 30fps 4k and 60fps 1080p, perform much more better than the TZ with 25fps 4k and 50fps 1080p. But maybe the TZ will run cooler and consume less battery.
TZ80/ZS60 looks that might need a firmware update.

all IMHO :D

Is this in the wrong session of the Forum or because the cameras a re "Wrong" for professionals that no one would help?
Not even a advise.
I will leave it here, now work calls, I will experience by my self.
Thanks again to everybody
I think members here sometimes don't see a thread right away. Think nothing of it. As to why everybody hasn't already chimed in is because (me, for instance) we see your list of wants and try to think if we've ever seen a camera that had even most of those features, and we haven't, so we just don't respond.

I would love to own a tilt/shift lens for my camera, but the price is above what I'm willing to pay. To find one that has that feature included is remarkable, to say the least. There are trade-offs all over the spectrum, so I can suggest that some of those features can be had as after-market add-ons, AFIK, so good luck!

I think members here sometimes don't see a thread right away. Think nothing of it. As to why everybody hasn't already chimed in is because (me, for instance) we see your list of wants and try to think if we've ever seen a camera that had even most of those features, and we haven't, so we just don't respond.

I would love to own a tilt/shift lens for my camera, but the price is above what I'm willing to pay. To find one that has that feature included is remarkable, to say the least. There are trade-offs all over the spectrum, so I can suggest that some of those features can be had as after-market add-ons, AFIK, so good luck!

I know I can't achieve all those points, In fact the TZ70 doesn't have a tilt screen, but there is a way through this problem with the APP, doesn't have Tilt-Shift but has Miniature mode, I see them the same, but professionals inside here might attack me(joking).
Now with the Softwares around is possible to fake this effect, but won't work with Skyscrapers.
I will Just buy and use as much as possible what I will have. To Bad the Canon are missing the USB Charging, and also my old Battery hungry SX130is. With CHDK it was fun!

At the end I took a EOS1200D, basic stuff :allteeth::allteeth::allteeth: :biggrin-93:

At the end I took a EOS1200D, basic stuff :allteeth::allteeth::allteeth: :biggrin-93:

you could have gone smaller
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Maybe,but for sure it will be other headaches.
Yes is not compact as the Ones mentioned above, but the Image quality satisfies me and made me realize for now that 13x of good quality images is more than enough.
And with a reflex I realize I can see what I want to take also without switching ON the camera, leaving power for photos.
I also gave up with the option Timelapse, but I found out that with the App there is also a intervalometer, still didn't try how reliable. Found also a Software to make the frames to videos and will try also that.
We will see, now is time to play a bit

Most reactions

New Topics

Back