tree #157 wishes for a different number (ism)

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
From a series of double exposures I have been working on....

tree #157 wishes for a different number

tree157.jpg

(ism)

escape-dbl.jpg

The first image is quite striking. At first, I thought the fence rail (if that's what it is) was water.

Is this 6X6 B&W negative film? Double-exposed in-camera?

If so, I'm very interested in how you did the first image. After inverting to a negative, I think I see, but I'm still quite interested in your technique.

James, the first (well both) image is just a simple double exposure. I generally under expose one stop per exposure, so in this case I under exposed each by two stops (two exposures). I took a photo of a short wall (about waist high) with the parking log and number from a very low angle including alot of sky and clouds in the upper two thirds of the frame. Then a photo of the tree. Shot with a hasselblad (6x6 medium format) on tri-x 400. No photoshop except a little unsharp mask for web viewing. I hope this helps, and was what you were asking.

Thanks for looking,
~DC

Yep, that's what I was wondering. That explains the difference between the log and the area under the log, which I couldn't figure out.

Excellent work, it's given me a couple of ideas to add to my list of stuff to try.

Good stuff, keep it up. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back