Tree and stars

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Everyday when i got to work (which is pretty early and so it is still dark) i see this tree, which is lit from beneath. And everyday i think, i should take a pic of that once. And so tonight finally did.

Tuin010.jpg

Also tried some astrophotography again. But it became cloudy and only got this one that kinda worked.
Tuin011.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

oOo gnarly tree!! :p Looks pretty creepy in a way! I like it!! :D I like how the branches look green-ish and the tips look red-ish... maybe its just my eyes... hehe cool shots! Thanks for sharing!! :)

I am not surprised to hear that you had always wanted to photograph this tree. I think I would have wanted the same, if only I had ever "met" "your" tree ;). There are photo ops on the side of the road that I have wanted to photograph for YEARS and haven't done so as yet... :roll:

Your tree is still a BIT dark, but I like it, among other things for the same reasons as charizzi does, i.e. the green branches and red twigs (charizzi, it's not your eyes, I see the same :D).

thanks for the comments :)
gonna shoot it again sometime soon, just gonna play with the whitebalance then. It was set on auto now, which makes the light look a bit orange. Cause when i look at it, the light is white.

Tell you what: I've got a new TFT screen as of now (made it my dad's Christmas present to me, after my first died on me for no apparent reason, and my dad gave me money, so what better use...?), and it is VERY bright compared to the old monitor I used just so I had one, and your tree no longer is too dark. And I like the green and orange!!!

Great shots, I like them both. You got the Pleiades in the second shot, nice work.

Pleiades is easy to shoot here, i see it every night. I also see the big dipper here, but thats usually in the mornin, when i just get out of bed....................and then have to hurry, so no time to take a pic. Ah well, ill get it someday.
And thanks for the comment :)

Look left a little bit more (outside your photo) and you'll see Saturn (Just to the right of Leo if you know your stars)

Also just at Saturns 8 'o clock and less than a "finger at arms legnth" away is the Beehive star cluster which will provide some good photographs with a 200mm lens (as long as you don't have a sky full of clouds! :grumpy: )

Most reactions

Back