Tree in Brooklyn Botanic Garden

The toning and blown-out areas... just don't do it for me. Looks like very harsh light, and the toning was an attempt to help with that?

... that's not how the book described it

... that's not how the book described it

Book? Please elucidate verbosely! ;)

You know...the book...A Tree Grows in Brooklyn...
this tree doesn't look like the tree in the book; though to be honest, I don't recall there was really a description of "the tree," as it was more a story about a particular Irish-American family in Brooklyn. But I think unpopular was just making a little joke here... :D

There was a description of the tree, it struggled to grow in adverse conditions, pushing up through the concrete, and mostly ignored. iirc it was in the very beginning and served as a metaphor for Francie.

And yes. It was a joke.

There was a description of the tree, it struggled to grow in adverse conditions, pushing up through the concrete, and mostly ignored. iirc it was in the very beginning and served as a metaphor for Francie.

And yes. It was a joke.

Ah, yeah, there was, wasn't there? It's been a VERY long time since I read that book. I may just have to read it again. It's interesting sometimes to read a book as an adult (especially as I push on past middle-age toward AARP status) that you haven't read since you were a teenager; I often find so many perceptions and nuances that were just above my little pea-sized teenage brain. And then other times, the book is just as I remember it. But I remember very little of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, so it'd make an interesting re-read.

A title like "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" would not have caught my eye back when... Unless it was an Alien Tree and was written by Asimov, or Heinlein.... That explains it! ;)

Most reactions

Back