timethief

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.x5.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
olive.jpg

I like this very much. I think there are 2 small areas that might have improved the image (but they are very minor). The first is the clouds could be ever-so-slightly better defined. The second is that i want to see just a bit more on the bottom of the frame. The rocks around the tree look like they have been, in some regard, cut off. If there were just a little more room in the front, I think my eyes would stop searching for the rocks I keep thinking are there.

But I really like this. I keep looking at it as it definitely holds my attention.

I like this very much. I think there are 2 small areas that might have improved the image (but they are very minor). The first is the clouds could be ever-so-slightly better defined. The second is that i want to see just a bit more on the bottom of the frame. The rocks around the tree look like they have been, in some regard, cut off. If there were just a little more room in the front, I think my eyes would stop searching for the rocks I keep thinking are there.

But I really like this. I keep looking at it as it definitely holds my attention.

Clouds!. I know. Its my weakest point(among other i'm sure). I just can not define them properly. there is no PP on this picture. although i cropped out a lot from the bottom, but the rocks start just where i cropped.

any pointers on how to capture clouds better on the spot?

Hi I'm sorry to say this but I think the background is a little confusing: is 2 crowded and I dont see a conection between background and foreground.

is that bark or stuff hanging down the trunk?

its bark. this is an olive tree as you might have notice. its around 500 years old. the definition on the bark is just incredible. some of the barks are so old that the body of the tree is completly hollow. you can literally go inside it. i am kicking myself why i didnt get better shots of the hollow bark. i have some goofy ones with my gf inside the tree.

Hi I'm sorry to say this but I think the background is a little confusing: is 2 crowded and I dont see a conection between background and foreground.

you dont need to be sorry. i totally respect your opinion.

Clouds!. I know. Its my weakest point(among other i'm sure). I just can not define them properly. there is no PP on this picture. although i cropped out a lot from the bottom, but the rocks start just where i cropped.

any pointers on how to capture clouds better on the spot?

You could probably pull out the definition with post. On the spot, polarizers.

RE: the rocks if there were a little more empty space, I would know that from the image rather than having to be told. Again, like I said, minor thing. It's just what my eyes were drawn to for a minute.

i think i'd like to see a close up of the bark rather than a wide shot. it's hard to get the impression of the grandios nature of the tree and trunk from this angle. i love olive wood.

i think i'd like to see a close up of the bark rather than a wide shot. it's hard to get the impression of the grandios nature of the tree and trunk from this angle. i love olive wood.

Ok i will post it in the general gallery in a few mins.

And interesting tree. But would like to see the tree as being the only center of interest. The house in the background, I feel, distracts big-time. Have you tried a portrait view of the tree rather than the landscape?

yes i definitely did.
will post it later in the day.

Most reactions

Back