tree

messier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
77005.jpg

hi

Are you going for the faded look?
Reminds me of an old movie. I don't know why...

Messier, all your photos have this "seventies look" on them (or fifties??? - since all seventies pics have turned red by now?) - old movie. Yes.
Why is this so?
To my mind, there's too much sky above the tree. If you meant to give that tree as much room above, it would have required some more room to its right and left, too, I think.

Yes, it's a little soft, but I suppose if it were too sharply in focus it would only make that sign stand out more. I guess if you'd torn it off to take the picture you'd have been shot, eh? ;) I detest signs nailed onto trees. :x It's so unnatural. And it's such a gorgeous tree, too.

Aside from a little too much sky I like your composition here. I think B&W would be more effective, kind of contrasty, too. :D

i think the softness is caused by my scanner because the print is quite sharp

I actually really like the composition of this. It gives the picture a feeling of height, IMO. And I also like this faded quality here, even though you say it's not meant to look like that. I love old and worn photographs, and this just makes the picture look really soft and summery. Nice shot!

Most reactions

Back