Trees in the mist

japvdk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,
I recently took these pictures on a sunset hike in mt. rainier national park. I was really happy with them, but sadly, due to a bad skylightfilter and some camerashake, they weren't all that sharp. I tried applying the unsharp mask to the images using GIMP. I would love to hear if I seem to have done it correctly, and what you would change about the images. I saved the images as TIFF, because I read somewhere that that's a good idea? Any other C&C would be much appreciated too!
mountainsinmist.jpg

bomen_in_mist_unsharp_mask.jpg

Fog/mist is essentially not sharp and as that is the main thrust of the pictures, I would not worry about sharpness at all so long as the pictures are in focus.

Hi there,
I recently took these pictures on a sunset hike in mt. rainier national park. I was really happy with them, but sadly, due to a bad skylightfilter and some camerashake, they weren't all that sharp. I tried applying the unsharp mask to the images using GIMP. I would love to hear if I seem to have done it correctly, and what you would change about the images. I saved the images as TIFF, because I read somewhere that that's a good idea? Any other C&C would be much appreciated too!
mountainsinmist.jpg

bomen_in_mist_unsharp_mask.jpg
Both very nice!

Sweet cotton candy, nice set.

Most reactions

Back