Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this today on a walk-about; the image in my head looked great, but I'm not sure about the one from the camera.
Tree.jpg

Thoughts?

Colour version for comparison.

Thanks all! Processing was minimal: A slight crop, minor exposure tweaks done in LR, the monochrome was done with Tiffen's Dfx filter suite followed by a minor levels adjustment in CS4.

Has some nice "Pop" to it.. I actually prefer the color! Really has a nice shape, and the contrast is lovely!

Thanks Charlie! I might go back early in the morning so that I can get some benefit out of my CPOL; this was shot mid-afternoon and the polarizer didn't help a lot. I think an early morning clear sky might work (now, if I can just find this particular tree again in a 600 acre park).

I like the color version best also.
What park?

Definitely an interesting tree and worthy of a photo. I like it, but I think I like the color one better as well - which surprises me. Maybe it's a no-no to tamper with landscapes and nature shots, but it may look better without that dead branch hanging down in the middle. Just my two cents.

I like the color version.Looks sharp and with nice realistic color IMO. Nice shot.

I like the color version best also.
What park?
Point Pleasant - I'm in Slackers right now...

Definitely an interesting tree and worthy of a photo. I like it, but I think I like the color one better as well - which surprises me. Maybe it's a no-no to tamper with landscapes and nature shots, but it may look better without that dead branch hanging down in the middle. Just my two cents.
Thanks Timothy! I may have to get them both printed and see what looks best "in person".

I like the shape of the tree and it's a decent sky. I would like to see the tree isolated against the sky if possible without

Most reactions

New Topics

Back