Trespassing is Fun.....C&C

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
SO went out today and trespass onto two different properties. One is some old abandoned building and the other the McCarren Pool. Here are a couple of shots. C&C on any you want. Don't tell me there is too many to comment. Just comment three you want.
3259840726_51b64f7876_o.jpg

3259008301_1113c9710d_o.jpg

3. You Hungry?
3259840866_d094289b08_o.jpg

4. WHat about sleepy?
3259008423_6730fce239_o.jpg

3259008487_80a3fa463d_o.jpg

6. (resizing sucks)
3259841034_afb925a681_o.jpg

3259841104_b974d3c038_o.jpg

1 and 7 are my favorite of the bunch. The rest seem to lack something to really grab your attention. The lighting was from an on the camera flash in 1-4? If the interior shots were better lit, perhaps they would be more interesting.

I like the work of the shadows and the shapes in #7.

I had an external flash mounted on camera. It was completley dark inside so i had no idea what I was shooting until I shot it. It was too cold to take out my off camera flash cord

How can you take pictures without knowing what you're shooting! Bring a flashlight, or trigger the flash a few times to see what you're doing. But to me in 2-4 the light is very obviously from a flash which sort of diminishes the feeling you might otherwise have from the scene.

yea i was flashing the flash constantly but then decided it would drain my battery a lot.but at least i didn't find any bums.

but at least i didn't find any bums.
Maybe you did... there's a pair of feet on #3 that seem not to be yours ;)

I was actually going to ask you precisely about that. Don't you fear you'll run into people who might not enjoy being found?

Maybe you did... there's a pair of feet on #3 that seem not to be yours ;)

I was actually going to ask you precisely about that. Don't you fear you'll run into people who might not enjoy being found?

wow didn't even notice those shoes. lol j/k they belong to my friend. I did feared a little of running into someone but it was so cold i would probobly find someone frozen faster. that is why i went with my friend and checked every 5 minutes if i remember where the open door is. Btw i think Chiller would like to find some froen bodied to take photos of lol. i think you should have a look at the off topic section why im doing this.

Not much of a fan of the shots. They are more snapshots than photographs. Most of them are too dark. Another thing you can consider is doing some light painting with your flash. Set the camera on a tripod then walk around and manually fire the flash at things you want lit with your flash.

Maybe next time you go trespassing, you should do it in plain daylight. Then you a) need not be sooo afraid of stepping onto someone sleeping (or some frozen body) where you go to, and b) you might get day light seeping into the buildings (or even brightly shining in), helping you to see what you want to photograph, to focus, and giving you much more chance to compose than to simply snap and see what the snaps would bring.

Though I must admit I'd not dare to go into any abandoned building, at all, ever, though I really like the photos you can take in them (provided you know what you photograph).

That said, the first 4 mean nothing to me. I don't even like them.
The outdoor night photos are better, and I like the last best, though that one still is too dark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back