Tri X at ISO 1250 / developed in Diafine

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a few taken with the Widelux on an overcast day.

waderachel1.jpg

waderachel4.jpg

waderachel2.jpg

This one was taken with a Leica III (F) w/ 35mm Leitz Elmar (camera circa 1937) inside a restaurant.

vsbbqmjn1.jpg

I love the extra speed I get. I have yet to compare it to Tri-X pushed in D-76, but most internet discussions seem to suggest that the Diafine produces a finer grain image at ISO 1250 or 1600. It does seem to be grainier to me than Tri-X shot at ISO 400, developed in D-76 1:1, but not too bad.

These are scans from the negs. I like the look of the indoor shot. I'm not such a fan of the tonal range of the outdoor/low contrast shots. I thought C41 BW was low contrast; these negs were even lower contrast. Maybe the outdoor shots will look better in the darkroom. Anyway, indoors is probably where I'd be using this combo anyway.

Edit: there is more info on the developer I used in the 'Darkroom' forum.

So these were all Tri-X, right? hmmm....I kind of like the tonal range of the outdoor shots, even though they are low in contrast, they're not exactly flat. I would agree the indoor shot is the best of the group.

Now who are these good-looking people? :D

terri said:
Now who are these good-looking people? :D

The Widelux photos are of friends. The Leica photo is of my daughter one evening at a BBQ joint with the grandparents.

You got a leica? :shock: I am envious :lol:
But I thought the shots would be a lot grainier, pushing the poor film that way, but they are very nice.
#2 and #4 are the ones I like most.
I think I might try those one day.
But I cant even find HC-10 developer in my neighboorhood store. :?

Soulreaver said:
You got a leica? :shock: I am envious :lol:
But I thought the shots would be a lot grainier, pushing the poor film that way, but they are very nice.

It's an old, old screwmount Leica; they probably go for around $200 on Ebay. I got this one with a recent haul of mostly photo junk, but there were a few gems hidden in the boxes. It was a lot of fun to shoot a couple of rolls with it, but it's going on the collection shelf. I'll stick with my Ansco Titan as a carry around camera any day.

Edit: And of course, the Widelux lens is Japanese glass, or as it says on the camera body and lens "Made in Nippon".

matt,

your daughter is incapable of being in a bad shot. she is precious!

great shots by the way, i waited to commetn when i could see them on my CRT at home....they are great!!

md

They're all beautiful Matt. The second and third one make my eyes go funny.
And the last one is adorable.

yummy!

I love #1 and 4.

Most reactions

Back