Tricks for photoshop HDR's

dustinpedley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I dont have the extra jingly right now for photomatrix.

so........

What are some tricks for getting "decent" HDR's in photoshop? (I have CS4)

Mine have been turning out like poo

I've been playing with 'Merge to HDR' lately. During the process it gives you the opportunity to adjust the white point and then some sliders for exposure & gamma. Even after adjusting those, they still don't tend to look great when they come out of the merge. But with some adjustments via levels & curves, I can usually get a lot closer to what I'm looking for.

Don't feel bad, I have the photomatix pro demo edition and the only time I used it, my image came out like poo too...

The trick, you see, is finding the "Make Image Poo" box, and un-checking it. :lol:

From what I have seen from a few threads with new HDR trials, is that people haven't been taking the right type of photos to try and create an HDR shot.

I've seen people take photos with no real range possibility and try and tweak the photo ending up with an over saturated photo.

From what I have seen from a few threads with new HDR trials, is that people haven't been taking the right type of photos to try and create an HDR shot.

I've seen people take photos with no real range possibility and try and tweak the photo ending up with an over saturated photo.

Thread can be closed, correct answer has been given. :thumbup:

I've been playing with 'Merge to HDR' lately. During the process it gives you the opportunity to adjust the white point and then some sliders for exposure & gamma. Even after adjusting those, they still don't tend to look great when they come out of the merge. But with some adjustments via levels & curves, I can usually get a lot closer to what I'm looking for.

Ill have to play around with it a little more

Thanks Mike

Photoshops HDR merge is horrible and doesnt give you the true effect that you want
I use something called Dynamic Photo, which is basically like Photomatix.
*edited*

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back