Tried something new

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went on a trip down to the beach to let the kid blast around and took my camera to capture a few shots while I was there.

I took these and thought I would try something new for me, so I combined them into one single image, to let the viewer sort of watch the story unfold.

Torrey-Pines-State-Beach-0313-L.jpg

Nice! Looks like you had fun! :)

Good story line, would look nice on the wall. I like it, its different.

Personally it would look a lot better if the horizon were all at the same level.

Personally it would look a lot better if the horizon were all at the same level.

I agree.

This is one of those times when you really wish you could go back and re-shoot, having analyzed the original images.

The shots were spur of the moment, so I hadn't really put any thought into the composure prior to the wave rolling in. BUT what I had immediately decided was I wanted them framed top right to give space to the ocean, I wanted the water to roll in and eventually fill the lower part of the frame, and I wanted them in about the same height each time in the frames.

What the lack of planning before hand led to was: lack of attention to the horizon, lack of control over white balance- 1&3 and 2&4 are different, horizon 1 is tilted.
Lesson Learned for post- These are SOOC because I opened them in CS5 from LR to combine them first, originally intending to edit them as a whole. This was a mistake as the two groups (1&3, 2&4) edit differently. I was then reluctant to go through the process again once the other discrepancies were noted. I could go back in and change the horizon in post to match and no one would probably ever know, but I think I prefer to save it for the next trip.

Hope this gives someone some ideas and things to plan for.

I agree.

This is one of those times when you really wish you could go back and re-shoot, having analyzed the original images.

The shots were spur of the moment, so I hadn't really put any thought into the composure prior to the wave rolling in. BUT what I had immediately decided was I wanted them framed top right to give space to the ocean, I wanted the water to roll in and eventually fill the lower part of the frame, and I wanted them in about the same height each time in the frames.

What the lack of planning before hand led to was: lack of attention to the horizon, lack of control over white balance- 1&3 and 2&4 are different, horizon 1 is tilted.
Lesson Learned for post- These are SOOC because I opened them in CS5 from LR to combine them first, originally intending to edit them as a whole. This was a mistake as the two groups (1&3, 2&4) edit differently. I was then reluctant to go through the process again once the other discrepancies were noted. I could go back in and change the horizon in post to match and no one would probably ever know, but I think I prefer to save it for the next trip.

Hope this gives someone some ideas and things to plan for.

I like stories like this! We had a thread for a while about telling a story in three frames (tried to find it but couldn't!). Then there is the Love is in the air thread.. where I told a story of ducky romanticism in about 12 or so frames! It is fun to do !

Found the shots that I used in the three frame thread... thought I would post them for grins!

loading-cannons.jpg

Firing-cannon.jpg

impact.jpg

Looks like fun! Is that suppose to be the Loch Ness monster?!?!?

Looks like fun! Is that suppose to be the Loch Ness monster?!?!?

hahaha... I guess! Just a big floatie they were using for a target. Never did nail it! lol!

Most reactions

Back