Trip Around Edinburgh

jophassa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
PLEASE READ: I will be posting pics on 4 or 5 at a time as they finish loading on to my photobucket.

Most importantly, please enjoy and comment on the pics.

Jew-ZPlop1348-1.jpg

Jew-ZPlop1352-1.jpg

Jew-ZPlop1373-1.jpg

Jew-ZPlop1442-1.jpg

Jew-ZPlop1445-1.jpg

So far, the third shot is the one that keeps my interest the longest. Understand however, that I am usually not a big fan of motion blurred photos, or weird abstracts of the sky. They look interesting, though!

yeah, the escalators look like they are going 100mph. they were at an art gallery and the guards told me off for taking pictures in the gallery even though i took none of art. the things we do for a pic...

here is what they are:
4 and 5 is the sky reflected in my window which swivels.

10 and 11 are those bumps you find on pavements for blind people.

and the rest are obvious.

here is another pic of a 60s building which i thought looked great with a 1:1 ratio with the sky.

Jew-ZPlop1365-1.jpg

I dunno man, none of them really do anything for me....maybe it's the perspectives you took, or the subjects...or maybe Edinburgh's just as dreary as the rest of Scotland :)D), but this thread isn't really impressing me at all.

Keep shootin, though

thank you. i must say i prefer the first pic to the second. i like how it is extremely bleached. the second one interested me more because of the shape of the handle rails.

GoM said:
I dunno man, none of them really do anything for me....maybe it's the perspectives you took, or the subjects...or maybe Edinburgh's just as dreary as the rest of Scotland :)D), but this thread isn't really impressing me at all.

Keep shootin, though

i do seem to take a lot of dark pictures. did you look at the other ones further down the thread?

jophassa said:
i do seem to take a lot of dark pictures. did you look at the other ones further down the thread?

Yeah, and to me, I just get the impression that you're trying too hard to get 'artsy' photos as opposed to just taking what 'pops out' to you. I dunno, I'm as much an amateur as the next guy, I just don't see anything wholly special about these shots. Hope I'm not being too critical...

no, tis ok. i am only 18 and have only been taking pics for about 2 months but i know what you mean. i guess i am at the stage in life that pics of people i know are boring. my camera has taken a lot of strange pics as it is always with me lol.

does anybody know what the P mode does?

also, what does the bestshot mode do over the normal mode?

The P mode is for Programmed Auto...so basically, you can adjust any and all settings but the camera still chooses the aperture and shutter speed. Like a 'manual automatic', sort of.

Most reactions

Back