Trip Photos

Ronman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last summer I made a trip from Virginia to Georgia, I left well before sunrise and was greeted by a beautiful dawn. Not wanting to waste all the good light I got my not so trusty P&S camera out and started shooting out the windows.......sometimes up, sometimes down. If you like barns, which I do, there was plenty to shoot. Most of the time I managed to stay in my own lane. It was a little hard to allign the images with the camera at full arms length, mostly shooting out the right window.....the Sun was coming up on my left. Here's some of the crap I got. Don't try this at home.

P9032216.jpg

P9032174BC2.jpg

I may have scared this guy a little.
P90322212CropResz.jpg

I almost missed the frame but this is a corn maze.
P9032165.jpg

P9032167StratCln2DIPResz.jpg

Lastly I go over the Blueridge Mountains and I'm home in about six hours.
P9032228Cln.jpg

#5 is nice...reminds me of a 750 piece puzzle that I remember my mom putting together when I was younger.

I like 5 the most of them the colors seem to be the best in that one and the composition is good

Thank you both for your comments. I felt that 5 was the best of my travel pics. I spent a lot of time trying to clean up the image and make something out of it. My PP skills are limited but I have gotten pretty good with Paint Shop Pro Clone tool. I'm including an untouched example of #5, to show what I started with. Thanks for seeing past the noise.....I'm getting a handle on it.

P9032167Resz.jpg

P9032167StratCln2DIPResz.jpg

You did a nice job on 5.
Your way of driving AND taking photos (out of the far side window even!) sounds scary to the max and you should clearly state that this should not be repeated by anyone (but to whisper the truth into your ear: I have taken photos while driving - always through the windscreen, though - myself, too).

Photo 5 does have the nicest colours, the first has a clear cyan cast, the second is a bit dull, ok, the third isn't a barn at all ;), and the fourth is your "near miss" of the maze, nice snap - and you did a great pp job on it. Looks better as an edited photo! Well done.

Thanks LaFoto, If you look carefully you'll notice that I did use the disclaiming mantra of crazy people everywhere "Don't try this at home"

If I had a better camera with many pics per second I could keep my eyes on the road more!

Yes, it is ok, I was saying what I said with a wink, which I thought would show itself by my whispering my secret into your ear ;).

The randomness of these photos (took my last of the kind as passenger, though!) is quite funny, isn't it? Well, yours don't even look "random" in the least, that is: the barn photos don't. Least of all the last. If it weren't for the blurred fence, that one looks like you stopped for the photo!

Thanks LaFoto, If you look carefully you'll notice that I did use the disclaiming mantra of crazy people everywhere "Don't try this at home"

If I had a better camera with many pics per second I could keep my eyes on the road more!

Yes but technically one is not generally at home when shooting threw a car window wile driving.......but that is a technicality.

I love the concept of #4

A maize maze, I think that alone would warrent a stop on the return/next trip for a more formal shoot :mrgreen:

The little tagalongs on the bike in #3 are a good spotting that's great

Thanks again guys for looking and commenting. On #6 I removed a few cars from both sides of the road to simplify the picture but if you look at the lines down the sides of the road, and the center line, it would appear that I was driving right down the middle of the road, however, I'm sure I was just in the process of a lane change. Ron

Most reactions

New Topics

Back