Trip to Massachusetts

fenderphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to massachusetts during the week of thanksgiving. I need a few ideas for what lens to bring with me. I have a cheap end Canon T3 with a 50mm,55-250mm,18-55mm,and a 75-300mm. I am also thinking of renting one or two lens to bring as well as a heavy duty tripod. Going to be around in the Boston-Cape Cod areas. Any sugestions?

not sure about photography but if you want an exp of a lifetime go to the Planetarium inside the Musem of Science, then when your done walk around the musem. If you still have pep in your step take a tour of the Harpoon brewing company, its amazing and you get to drink as much beer as you want for $5.

Quincy market is always fun to walk around, tons of food. I would suggest going to the north end (little italy) for some high end meals and the best canollis you can imagine. Fenway park is historical landmark, that entire area is filled with things to photograph.

As for cape cod if the hurricane didnt detatch it from the continent you can basically get off any exit and drive the shore lines for great photos of light houses and jedis.

Carrying around the three hundreds pounds of gear you described sounds like hell. Pick two lenses, maybe a tripod and that would be about it. For me, I'd go with something wide for city shots and then either a prime or a tele. Maybe ask yourself, which lens is my favorite?

On a recent 'walkaround' I did in Chicago, I took two lenses. One on the camera, the other in a Lowepro case attached to my belt. The case was big enough to hold either one with hood, no problems. I had my filter case on the other side on my belt, as well.

If you rent a car, then the only limitation is what you want to carry on the plane.

Do they make a battery grip for a T3 I can't seem to find one.

here's a tip when on the Cape- if your rental has a GPS (or your smartphone), use it to along the coast to find back roads that cross small streams or near inlets. i do this regularly when i'm down at my sister-in-law's in Yarmouth. the bay side of the Cape has some amazing ops in some out of the way places. Dennis has a high concentration of these types of areas

as far as lenses- depends on what you're shooting (duh). i try and take a few with me that don't overlap anywhere from 10mm to 300mm

if you're gonna rent glass, you can't get any better for out on the Cape than the 70-200mm f/2.8L either IS or non. maybe a 24-70mm L or the 24-105mm L for a walk-around

have fun! Boston and the Cape are where i am when not at home in Maine

Most reactions

New Topics

Back