Trip to Namibia, Day 1 (many photos)

LaFoto'sSister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hallo again.
Now I decided that I want to show you my photos systematically.
THere are many. Very many. But Corinna says that Mentos wants to see them. So maybe I post them for Mentos only?

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_1.jpg

Arrival at Windhoek Airport

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_1_scan1.jpg

The hotel in Windhoek for our first night, it is the Safari Court Hotel

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_1_scan2.jpg

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_1_scan3.jpg

In Windhoek, where many shops still have German names. Or buildings look German.

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_1_scan4.jpg

A beautiful rosewood tree

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_1_scan5.jpg

Our travel guide in Windhoek Railway Station

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_1_scan6.jpg

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_1_scan7.jpg

Two views of Windhoek Railway Station

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_2.jpg

A township

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_2_scan1.jpg

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_2_scan2.jpg

Christchurch in Windhoek

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_2_scan4.jpg

A monument - one of the colonial fighters for what was "German South-West Africa" long ago

A_Chr_Namibia_02-10-05_3.jpg

The typical "sundown" that we had with the whole group every evening when the sun set.

What do my eyes see???? :D
Hey, big sister. Are you AT LONG LAST posting your Namibia photos? Are you not going to start a blog after all?
I need not comment these. You know that these are my absolute favourite from your huge series of photos. Let's hope the others like them, too !?!?!? :D

Christiane told me (when I went to see here and we spent hours, virtually hours, uninterrupted time (!), to look through all her newest Africa photos) that she plans on going to Africa again - if not soon then at least eventually. She's been to Malawi before and also brought back some wonderful photos, and now Namibia, and she is fascinated. She sure wants to go back and see more.

Nice shots thank you for posting them!:thumbup:

Being a Carpenter I know what Rosewood looks like but I've never actually seen a Rosewood tree until now and it's as beautiful as the wood itself! :D :thumbup:

Ya got some cool shots there. Tough to pick a fave.

Chiller, it will get even tougher if you also go to look at my sister's Namibia-pics Part 2, 3 and 4 ;) :D

Oh, by the way, there are many different photos of that statue here, the frontierman on horseback, in print as well as digitally taken. And I said "Take THIS print" because I like how you can look right up into this horse's nostrils :D. Silly, eh? :lol:

And another by the way:
The first (plane just landed), the township pic (out of moving bus) and the last (sunset through the glass of champagine) are digital photos. The others are scanned prints - and believe me: those have lost A LOT in the scanning process!

Lovely pics of my Home country !!

Most reactions

Back