Triple crossed!

Yeah, it works. Personally I'd crop a little off the sky to make the crosses more prominent, I'd also liked to have seen the crosses lit from the front more so they pop a bit.

However it's a strong composition so I can like it how it is too.

Thanks weepete. I didn't have much choice on lighting. It was in mid-afternoon and the only good background was to face the west and the mountains.

That's actually The Holy City isn't it? Mt. Scott is a few miles east of there. But I like the shot......... did you get any of the temple and other architecture?

That's actually The Holy City isn't it? Mt. Scott is a few miles east of there. But I like the shot......... did you get any of the temple and other architecture?

Yes it is the Holy City. We went to Mt Scott and the refuge on Sunday to take the kids. I took a few pictures there but only a couple that were good.

Can you open up the shadows in the bases a bit? I feel they are "weighted" too heavily and tend to draw the eye downward. It might also help to bump up the whites in the clouds to create a little ore of a silhouette look to the crosses.

I don't think this is going to translate well...sometimes smaller images seem to go down about a stop in light from flickr to here.

$9467016825_72680756e4_o.jpg

Sky and foreground did okay but the midground really blocked in...weird

Yes it is the Holy City. We went to Mt Scott and the refuge on Sunday to take the kids. I took a few pictures there but only a couple that were good.
Well, next time you'll have to give me a call!! Be great to meet a fellow photo forum member!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back