tripod for nikon D200

vikramdesigner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys can u suggest me which tripod will be best for my Nikon D200, in manfrotto brand ( coz except this brand no other brand is there in my city), i have budget of only $100. i am interested in doing commercial photography, portrait , lanscape and night shoot so plssssssssssssss help me which to buy with model number.

Iam a student so i need good grip tripod and cheap, coz i have just collected so much .

the kind of tripod you need depends also on the lenses you are going to use with it. focal length and weight play a role.

you also need a good tripod head ...

Manfrotto and cheap do not go hand in hand. These are mostly very sturdy and professional tripods. My Manfrotto 099ProB legs and 488RC2 head set me back $425AU ($380US).

But it really does depend on the equipment. My D200 held perfectly fine on my old tripod. But D200 + grip + 105mm f/2.8 Macro caused the legs to collapse, hence the new tripod.

You only have Manfrotto in your area? Consider ordering over the internet to broaden your choices. Slik makes some really nice ones that you should consider. I have the Slik and that thing is built strong as a bridge.

The biggest hinderance is your budget. For $100, there are not many choices that you can make that will be able to properly support a D200 safely in lightly more demanding situations. Add a battery grip, a big telephoto and a little uneven ground with a breeze, and that adds to the challenge even more. You may consider saving some more before purchasing your tripod... it would be well worth it.

the kind of tripod you need depends also on the lenses you are going to use with it. focal length and weight play a role.

you also need a good tripod head ...

i use 18mm - 135mm lense and rarely 50mm lense

Most reactions

Back