Tripod help

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really need a tripod but I really cant spend alot on it...I could wait and put it on my want list like lenses etc but I want to get it sooner then later. I have up to $150 to spend and I dont want to buy a crapo one. Any options?

I really need a tripod but I really cant spend alot on it...I could wait and put it on my want list like lenses etc but I want to get it sooner then later. I have up to $150 to spend and I dont want to buy a crapo one. Any options?

Check out Amvona on ebay. They also have a website, amvona.com but you can get their stuff from ebay much cheaper. I got legs and a ball head for $85. Heavy but sturdy.

NEVERMIND about under $150. how much do I have to spend? I was using a table top tripod contraption. It was fiarly well liked on amazon and rated fo rmy size camera. i set the center of gravity low but i took my hands off it for a second and IT FELL OFF THE PICKNIC TABLE ONTO THE CEMENT BELOW!!

So how much do I have to spend to make this not happen again?

-the camera seems fine and the lens seems fine after the fall...although i wanted to cry anyways. Besides a broken lens or something noticiable, is there something i should look for as far as damage goes?

I will check them out on ebay. I am not much of an ebayer though. I have a negitive rating cause i gave someone a poor rating LOL.

you and I have almost the same set up. I have;
Canon Rebel XTi
Canon 430ex flash
18-55 IS kit lens
Canon 70-300mm f/4
50mm 1.8​

As someone said...
"Light...Cheap...Strong"
Pick two.

There are plenty of different tripods and plenty of different heads to go with them. Some styles work better for different things and much of it is just personal preference.

Do you have a good camera store near by? If so, go have a look at what they have for tripods and heads etc. I have a Velbon tripod that is light and easy to pack and use...but it's not all that strong (plenty good enough for the gear you have though). I also have a Manfrotto tripod that is quite heavy...and I have a ball head for it. This one is much sturdier but it's heavy to lug around.

There is a wolf camera near by. I havent been in but I will try after nap time

Most reactions

Back