Tripod Love

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
No idea where would be more appropriate to post this than here. I just wanted to share.

I just got my new tripod. I have it here in the bedroom because I wanted to stare at it longingly before going to bed. My wife thinks I'm mental. I think she's probably right. :)

I'm so psyched.

What a silly thing, this "activity" called photography. Spend $300 on some stupid three-legged stick that I really don't have any instantaneous need for, and be all excited anyway. I mean I need it... bad... but I'm not on a job so its not like I'm gonna stick a camera on it to get a slow exposure of the master bath, you know?

I'm not THAT mental. :lol:

Anyway, just excited and wanted to share. :)

Thanks?

Haha, i know the feeling!

Go outside and shoot some 30 minute long exposures!

I got a Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs with 808RC4 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head.

linky

:)

Nice head for that! The 055XPROB is great for getting down low - helps loads with macro and getting nice steady low angles on things!

I can absolutely understand your feelings! I have the smaller version, the 190XPROB and I just LOVE this tripod and its ability to go all the way down...

Ah, it's the tripod that goes down. No wonder your wife is worried :lmao:

Nice one, though. I picked up the 055XPROB last week, and though I haven't had much use of it yet, I can really see its potential. It's another lump of kit to lug around though, and it isn't light! I opted for the 322RC2 head though, but the 808 looks excellent.

As long as the tripod is not IN the bed, your wife should not worry. :)

Crap, who told you? Do you have cameras in my house? AAAA!!! :mrgreen:

Nice head for that! The 055XPROB is great for getting down low - helps loads with macro and getting nice steady low angles on things!

Yeah, oddly I don't think I'll have too much need for that given the work that I do, but it's nice to have the option. The whole "go horizontal" quickly thing works really nicely, too...

You know, out of context all this "go low" and "go horizontal" stuff would be really rather risque... :)

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

hahaha... Ok, I'll post a pic. :) I'll get my buddy to take a picture of me actually using it. :)

Ah, it's the tripod that goes down. No wonder your wife is worried :lmao:

Nice one, though. I picked up the 055XPROB last week, and though I haven't had much use of it yet, I can really see its potential. It's another lump of kit to lug around though, and it isn't light! I opted for the 322RC2 head though, but the 808 looks excellent.

Yeah, the sucker is QUITE the beast. I need to pickup the carrying strap for it. A buddy of mine has that and it works really well.

Most reactions

Back