Tripod recomendations

"Thirdly, I don't know about monopod/tripod combo. However, you can always extend one leg longer than the rest and use it as monopod. Be creative! "

Love it. Improvisation is SO important as well as imagination. I pretend my camera is a Hasselblad and I swear my pics are better now. Seriously though, monopods have their place I guess if you are standing in crowds that don't facilitate tripoding.

I have the Sunpak 6000PG. Pistol grip+ ball head. $50. Couldn't ask for more at this stage of my photography endeavors.

I have this tripod too. Couldn't ask for more myself. It's a great buy.

I spent about 80$ here in Canada for the Velbon Sherpa 200r , its a built tough and quality tripod which you won't find elsewhere for the money. Its on the heavy side but if you don't mind the weight like me it will do you wonders. Look it up, im pretty sure you can find it in the states for even cheaper.

what does the head you have give you that a cheap tripod doesnt give you?

the ability to be usefull. the legs on the cheap tripod are fine and it has a built in monopod so in that respect its been great but the head sucks

First of all, what kind of gear are you going to be using on the tripod

step 1) scroll up
step 2) read
step 3)....
step 4) profit!

Secondly, you should be able to get very decent legs for less than $100. My Slik Pro 330 DX is about $100 total. It comes with both legs and mount. So I'd imagine you can get something more than you've asked for for $80.

Thirdly, I don't know about monopod/tripod combo. However, you can always extend one leg longer than the rest and use it as monopod. Be creative!

legs under $100 is what im looking for, like i said around $50 but if need be i can stretch that but not a ton, $80 would be doable but id probably have to hold off on some school supplies for a bit. what would you suggest?

and ya i know i can still extend 1 leg of a tripod the reason i like having the built in monopod is if i pack the tripod then im also packing the monopod and the monopod, if i just want to bring it, takes up less room. but i still am considering the CF tripod mentioned above for that reason

Most reactions

Back